10

Miami, FL
5:00 PM
Melanie POV

*a month later*

I took one last look in the mirror before grabbing my purse and leaving to pick up Leah and Lauren. I was wearing a white tube dress, a colorful bomber jacket, and pink heels.

Tonight was the Ending Summer Bash and everybody was gonna pop out. It was mainly for people like me who started college in September.

They usually have 3 parties, a Beginning Summer Bash, and Foam party, and a Ending Summer Bash. Those were the most hot parties in Miami.

After i picked both of them up i we headed to the venue, where the party was being hosted. We always come early because nobody feel like waiting in line to get approved.

I gave Leah my phone and asked her to take a picture of me.

We made our way inside, and the party was still being set-up. A janitor was sweeping the floor, and the bartender was still putting waters and drinks on the table.

"Lets go to the bathroom." Lauren said pulling me and Leah upstairs. I started fixing my hair in the mirror. I pulled out my phone and posted the picture i took earlier.

glowprincesss

Liked by theshaderoomteens and 48,393 others

We stood in the bathroom and chatted around for a few more until a group of girls came in. They mugged us causing me to roll my eyes.

"C'mon yall, ion feel like dragging bitches today." Lauren said as we followed her back downstairs.

There was way more people now and the party was lit. It was too early to get fucked up so we went to the dance floor and started dancing on eachother.

"I'll be right back. Im going to get some water." I said making my way out the crowd.

"You thirsty?" Some guy came up to me with a water bottle.

"Yeah." I said taking the water bottle.

I started to drink it but it had a wide hole at the top.

"You tryna drug me bitch?!" I said throwing the drink in his face then walking away.

I took a water bottle off the stand and made sure it wasnt touched before taking a long sip.

"Whatchu doing here?" I heard somebody say grabbing my waist.

I turned around and my eyes almost popped out of my head.

"LEE!" I screamed jumping on him.

He spun me around and put me down then kissed my cheek.

"I missed you so much." I said.

"I missed you more, but i have something to tell you." He said.

"What is it." I said taking another sip.

"I-"

He was cut off by Leah and Lauren pulling me away.

"Mel we gotta go they bout to start shooting." Leah said dragging me through the crowd.

A few seconds later loud gunshots started going off causing everybody to scream and start running. We all made it safe to the car and drove off.

"Shit, Lee." I said to myself pulling out my phone.

I rung five times making me worried until he picked up.

"You okay?!" He yelled in a panicked voice.

"Yeah you?" I said.

"Yeah im good."

"So what did you have to tell me?" I asked curious. Ouu what if he was bout to say "i wanna marry you"

There was a long pause until he said "nevermind about that. Look i gotta go, I'll talk to you later." Then he hung up.

....weird.