49

Miami, FL
2:22 P.M.
Melanie POV

I shook my head and chuckled watching Jose, Bianca, and Karma go back and forth on if you should feed or bathe a baby first if its dirty and hungry.

I didnt wanna get in the middle of that so i put my headphones in and finished doing the mini quiz.

Ms. Hernandez was on the phone arguing with her boyfriend and everybody else in the class was too busy minding their own business to notice them.

I looked at the clock and it wasnt even lunch hour yet but i was so hungry. I looked at Ms. Hernandez for a few seconds and she noticed and looked up at me and rolled her eyes.

"Fine Melanie. You can go get some food but if you aint back before my class over and i get in trouble ima fuck you up." She said.

"And go out the back door because security guards are everywhere." She added before going back to arguing with her boyfriend.

This is why i love her.

The gang noticed i was leaving so they followed me out too.

"So where we going?" Karma said hoping in the passenger side.

Bianca said "chick-fil-a" at the same time Jose said "Burger king."

I rolled my eyes cause this is what they do everytime we go out.

They started arguing over which one is better and i guess Bianca won cause we ended up at chick fil a.

We all went inside to order and sat in a booth. I rolled my eyes and laughed watching Jose try to get Some dudes number.  He walked back over to the table with an attitude and sat down huffing.

"Thats why dont nobody want your baldheaded ass now." He said to the boy mugging him.

I sat silently watching everybody engage in a conversation and only talked when necessary.

I dont know why but i was the quiet one out of all of us. I was the quiet one, Jose was the wild one, Bianca was the Mean one and Karma was the smart human auto-correct one.

We sat in chick fil a for about twenty minutes then got bored and went back to campus.

***

I shook my head watching Jah crawl around slobbing on my homework.

"Stop." I said picking him up putting him on my pillow. He giggled and started trying to stick his toes in my mouth.

"Mmcht. Where yo daddy at."

"Daddy!" Jah yelled standing on the bed.

I looked at him and studied his features before going back to doing my homework. He actually looked alot like Lee.

"Mama." He said pulling my ears giggling.

I smiled and put him on my lap. I didnt mind him calling me mama because i was actually a mother figure to him.

I did my homework and studied for a few more hours then got up and cooked before Lee came.