52

Orlando, FL
11:30 P.M.
Lee POV

I sighed in frustration looking from necklace to necklace. Which one should i get her?.

I just got out of prison two days ago but i didnt tell Melanie because i wanted to surprise her after her graduation.

It was 11:30 and the ceremony starts at twelve.

I picked out an infinite love necklace that had small diamonds around the heart and bought it.

It was 900$ but i was  willing to pay anything as long as it would make Melanie happy.

I knew Melanie liked pink so i stopped past a boutique and brought a bundle of pink flowers. I knew how she felt about food so i brought her some snacks too. I was so excited to see my girlfriend and son.

I was supposed to be doing life in prison cause i killed Malik but i was released because the only evidence they had was a picture of my hoodie caught on camera.

I ended up doing three years cause of the gun i had in my pants. "WeApOn PoSsEsiOn"

I pulled up to the place she would be graduating at and it was packed as hell. Erbody and they mommas out here.

I made my way inside and started looking for the auditorium but was stopped when i heard a familiar voice.

"Lee? Niggaa it cant be you." Jayden said giving me a bro hug. "When you get released?"

"A few days ago." I said.

I felt somebody attack the side of me and yank my shirt.

"My nigga Leee when you get out the dog pound?" Princeton said letting go of me.

"Wasgood. I got out a few days ago." I smiled cause i was happy to see my homeboys.

"Oh, this my girlfriend Alaya." Princeton said holding some girls hand.

"Wassup." I gave her head nod.

"So why yall here?"

"Same reason you here. We had to see our lil sis Melanie Graduate." Jayden said picking Jr up.

We heard a announcement come on so we all went into the auditorium and found seats.

We found seats near the middle and i saw my mom sitting a few rows ahead with Jah in her lap.

***

A few hours later....

"Melanie Martins."

As soon as i heard her name i jumped out of my seat.

"THATS MY BABY!" I yelled and people started giving me weird looks.

I watched her walk across the stage smiling hard as hell.

Once she got her diploma she started looking our way. She smiled and her eyes met everybodys.....everybody but mines. Ouch.

Ima pretend that didnt hurt.

***

Melanie POV

After i grabbed my diploma i smiled at everybody i knew and ran off the stage. I wanted to run to them and start screaming but all the students had to stay seated until the ceremony was over.

When it was over i went in the lobby where everybody was.

"My babyyy im so proud of youu." Lee's mom said.

I killed Jahs cheek and statted trying to move through the crowd.

I found Jose, Bianca, and Karma near the exit.

"We did it bitchess ohmagawd!" I yelled hugging them all.

"Yess pooh."

"Girl care yo ass somebody special here to see you." Jose said. I went to where Jayden and the rest of them were.

I started yelling about how i made it until somebody interrupted me.

"Melanie." Jayden whispered poking me.

"What."

He pointed to behind me and when i turned around i almost shitted on myself.