thirty - coming back...

chapter xxx.

❝ Why can't the days go by faster ❞

la push, washington
( lahote household )
march 29 - april 2, 2008

EXCITEMENT IS the only emotion that everyone in the pack was feeling. In just a couple more days, Josiah Lahote would return from the middle east. Leah took matters into her own hands and planned a surprise party. Mary, as well as Sue, Emily, Aubrey, and Nora joined forces to help her get everything ready.

"Why can't the days go by faster?" Leah groaned, laying on the living room couch.

"Maybe you should actually do something to kill time." Liam suggested, his voice coming from the kitchen where he prepared a light snack for both him and the female shifter.

Leah sighed. "Like what? Nothing can really take my mind off of Eli."

Liam chuckled. "Yeah true." He placed a plate of cut up fruit on the small table centered of both couches before sitting down across from Leah.

The two sat in comfortable silence, the tv playing in the background but neither of them were paying attention. All they could think about was Josiah Lahote coming home. But the calm atmosphere in the room didn't last long as they thought of what Josiah was doing at the moment while they relaxed in the comfort of the Lahote household.

Leah was the first to bring it up, "Josiah should be heading out soon, right? The mission might go on for the remaining of the days till he comes home."

Without saying anything, Liam reached over to give her hand a gentle squeeze with a small smile. Returning the smile, Leah understood what Liam was trying to say.

'Don't worry, he'll be okay.'

After finding out about Josiah's next mission, the Clearwater girl almost had a heart attack. The two imprints had an argument the night Josiah told her about what he was assigned to. Fortunately, they managed to settle their differences but it didn't manage to calm Leah's worries. He was her imprint and she worried about him.

For the next following days, the female shifter continued her patrols with the rest of the pack and managed to have everything ready for the arrival of the most important person in her life.

***

Waking up, everyone in the pack could sense the change in everyone's mood due to it being the day before Josiah returns home. Tomorrow Mary would have her son back, Paul would have his brother back, Liam would have his best friend back, and the rest of the pack would have another member of their pack return. And most importantly Leah Clearwater would have her imprint back within arms reach.

Sue's dark brown eyes followed her daughter's figure as she paced back and forth in the small living room. She could easily tell the excitement cursing throughout her daughter's body. Just the thought of having Josiah return in a couple more hours was enough to put the female shifter on edge.