twenty nine - worrisome

chapter xxix.

❝ Of course I am! You're important to me, you piece of shit! ❞

la push, washington
march 25, 2008

WEEKS HAD gone by and it took the pack by surprise how close Leah and Liam had gotten in such a short amount of time. The two would often spend time together after Leah finished her afternoon patrols and would keep Liam company when Mary had to go work. To say the least the two had become best friends. Sharing one major thing in common: Josiah Lahote.

In the beginning the pack could see how depressed the soldier looked upon returning to La Push without his partner. Since Liam had to use a wheelchair for the first two weeks to help his leg heal faster, the pack made sure to visit him as much as possible. Emily would go over with some fresh muffins and keep him company when Leah or Mary couldn't ― Liam truly appreciated it.

As the days passed by and his wounds slowly healed, Liam was finally relieved of using the wheelchair which allowed him more freedom to walk, with the help of crutches, to Emily and Sam's house. Or now that he was able to join the pack to the beach to watch them play some soccer while he sat on the sidelines with the girls from the pack. He wished he could join but his leg still needed some healing to fully return to normal.

"Jared you suck!" Liam teased the said boy, as he failed to stop Seth from scoring a goal. The said boy glared in the soldier's direction which broke his focus and caused him to get a ball to the face, making everyone laugh and for Paul to yell at him to pay attention.

This continued on with occasional banter between the guys―mostly started by Paul himself―which brought a more light hearted sense to the soldier's life.

Liam and Leah made small conversation while watching the rest of the pack play or go in the water to cool off their overheated bodies. "Jay is giving me a call later today," the soldier spoke up, "I bet he would want to hear from you as well."

"I'll head over to Mary's after I finish my patrol with Aubrey and Embry," Leah answered, a small smile on her face.

"Alright."

After finishing his dinner, prepared by Mary, Liam made his way to the living room, phone in hand, and waited for the incoming call from his best friend. To kill time, he decided to watch some tv until his phone started ringing.

"Jay! Hey, how are you?"

"Pim, good to hear your voice again. I'm good, you?"

Feeling stuffy inside the small house, Liam decided to step outside to get fresh air, "Everything is good over here. Anything happening over there, how's Sammy?"

Liam could hear some background noise for Josiah's line, letting him know that he was at the bunker with the rest of the guys.

"Oh Sammy's right here with me. He's trying to get the phone—"