ten - wolf out of the bag

chapter x.

❝ Your brother just turned into a giant wolf

❝ Your brother just turned into a giant wolf... awesome! ❞

la push, washington
june 11, 2007

THE FOLLOWING morning Josiah and his mother headed up to Forks, Washington for her mother's daily doctor's visit. Mary Allen had a condition in which her blood pressure would elevate when she became too stressed, this caused her to go to daily appointments to make sure it didn't get worse.

"What do you think of Leah?"

Josiah Lahote blinked his eyes in surprise at the sudden question. He briefly glanced away from the road to look at his mother who was looking at him with a small smile and a glint in her eyes.

"She's... good?" Mary couldn't help but snort at her son's answer, "I mean I just met her so..."

Mary decided not to ask him any more questions and went back to looking out the passenger window. Josiah's mind went to the Clearwater girl. He was trying to convince himself that he was not falling for the dark brown eyed girl that he just met. But the more he found himself trying to convince himself, his mind continued to think back to Leah. Josiah didn't even feel his hands tightening against the steering wheel. Just thinking of the Clearwater girl caused the young soldier's heart to raise and his hands to become clammy. He exhaled through his nose and tried to think of anything else: it didn't work.

The ride to the hospital was not long and before he knew it, Josiah Lahote was pulling into the parking lot. Mary and Josiah stepped out of his Jeep and went straight in. His mother walked up to the front desk while Josiah sat down on one of the chairs in the waiting area. The young soldier found himself fidgeting and playing with his hands. From a young age, Josiah did not like hospitals. It mostly had to do with the fact of the vague memory from his childhood ― he didn't like to think about it.

Mary walked over to her son and sat down beside him. She glanced over to look at him and immediately noticed the way he couldn't sit still.

"We'll be out of here before you know it," Mary sent a reassuring smile to her son and squeezed his right hand.

Josiah simply nodded, "Yeah."

A couple of minutes went by before Mary was called by a nurse to follow her. Josiah and Mary stood up and were quick to follow the small nurse to an empty room.

"Good morning Ms. Allen," Josiah glanced up to see a pale, blonde doctor with golden eyes enter the room, a ghost smile on his face and a chart in hand, "How are you doing today?"

"I'm doing well Doctor." Mary returned the smile.

Noticing a new presence in the room, the Doctor glanced over to the soldier sitting in the corner of the room, "You must be the famous son soldier Mary won't stop talking about."