thirty three - leaving again?

chapter xxxiii.

❝ Liam if you leave

❝ Liam if you leave... I will not forgive you! ❞

la push, washington
july 7 - july 9, 2008

LIAM HENDERSON was left confused at the words that were said to him over the phone by Major General Strand. He was having a hard time processing what he said. He couldn't really be meaning to tell the soldier to return where his best friend was killed just three months prior.

"Ummm... w-with all do respect sir―" Liam spoke up, finding himself standing up in the process. He didn't even see Leah enter the room, drying her hair with a towel.

"There are some things that need to be discussed. There will be a plane waiting for you in Texas. It would be best if you arrive two days from now." It was like the Major didn't hear him at all and continued talking, "That is all. See you soon Corporal Henderson."

Liam didn't get to say anything else before the line went dead and all he could hear was beeping, signaling the end of the call. A defeated sigh left his lips.

"Everything okay?" Leah's voice made him flinch in surprise, finally taking notice of her presence.

"Yeah, everything's fine."

Leah stared at him for a second, trying to figure out if she should believe him. Deciding to leave it alone, the female shifter walked towards the kitchen where she grabbed a cold water bottle from the fridge and chugged it down.

Approaching the shifter, he gave her a look, "Have you eaten?"

Leah froze and avoided the soldier's eyes, "Yes."

He could see right through her lie. Shaking his head in disappointment, he walked past the Clearwater and took out ingredients from the fridge. Behind him Leah let out a quiet sigh, knowing she could not hide anything from him. It was also pointless to argue with him regarding her health.

Together they made the classic breakfast: pancakes with eggs and bacon. And together they ate with small conversation held between them.

Just like any other day, Liam forces Leah out of her house to get some sunlight and fresh air instead of being stuck inside her room all day, buried under her covers to hide from the rest of the world. Walking outside, Liam was dragging Leah by the arm towards his car so they could get out of La Push for a couple of hours.

Leah never understood Liam's motives and efforts to take her out and make her do things she would never really do otherwise. She wasn't his responsibility. But it sure felt like it.

Getting used to Liam dragging her out of her bed and outside to get some sun, the Clearwater girl was slowly starting to enjoy her time spent with the soldier. Although with his mere presence brought Leah nostalgia to when both Liam and Josiah spent their time together before they were deployed, she liked not being alone.