thirteen - the plan

chapter xiii.

❝ What the hell were you thinking Josiah! ❞

la push, washington
june 13, 2007

NOT BEING able to physically help catch the vampire that was after him and Liam left Josiah feeling helpless. He was used to being in the line of fire and fighting off enemies that wanted to kill him. But now he had to stand back and let others protect him. He hated it.

"We can always use him as bait to lure out the vampire that is after him." After announcing that he wanted to help catch the vampire that was after him, the rest of the Cullen-Hale family had gathered around again and started to discuss some sort of a plan to catch the roaming vampire or vampires.

"I bet you would like that," Josiah deadpanned, glancing at the blonde vampire briefly.

"It's a suggestion," Rosalie hissed with narrowed eyes, "You're the one that volunteered in helping."

Edward smirked as he looked between the Lahote soldier and his adopted sister. The tension between the two was very amusing to say the least.

"It's not a bad idea," Edward shrugged. "We would wait until he got close to Josiah again, corner him, find out if there are more of them and kill them."

The more Josiah thought about, it didn't seem like such a bad idea. The problem was explaining it to Paul and Liam ― they won't be too happy with him just jumping at the opportunity to put himself in danger. He also didn't know how Leah would react to this plan since he was her imprint.

Josiah sighed while rubbing his forehead in exhaustion. "I'll let the pack know."

"Your scent will lure him out and it will give us enough time to catch him before he gets away," Carlisle spoke up, "We won't let him come close enough to hurt you."

Noticing the slight hesitation on Josiah's face Alice tried to reassure him, "I will also keep tabs on where he is so we know when he gets close. I'll be watching his every movement." Josiah nodded, his tense shoulders finally relaxing.

"I should head back now or I won't hear the end of it from Paul." Josiah stood up from his position in one of the chairs in the kitchen.

"I'll lead you out." Carlisle followed Josiah all the way to the door. "Stay safe Josiah."

The soldier only gave the doctor a nod before getting in his Jeep and driving away from the vampire house.

Driving back to the reservation in silence gave Josiah a sense of peace from all the supernatural troubles that had taken part of his daily life. Josiah massaged his temples briefly as a headache started to form due to the lack of sleep he's been getting. Nightmares always seemed to plague his mind when he tried to get a goodnight's rest. Maybe he should start taking the sleeping pills Dr. Cullen gave him at the hospital. Josiah had always refused getting any medication for his insomnia which Liam had given crap for. Sometimes he acted more like his mother than his actual best friend.