seven - imprint

chapter vii.

I-I just... I imprinted ❞

la push, washington
june 9, 2007

THE MORNING started like any other morning for Leah Clearwater. Wake up early in the morning ― more specifically 7:00am ― go on patrol till noon, and come back to her house where she spends the rest of the day alone unless she is called by Sam on another patrol.

"Morning," Leah grumbled, opening the fridge door and pulling out a carton of milk, taking a big sip.

"That's disgusting," Leah turned away from the open fridge towards her brother, staring at her with his left eye half closed, messy hair, and dried drool on his chin making her scoff.

"Have you looked in the mirror lately?" Seth rolled his eyes at her and walked back to his room.

Taking one last sip of milk Leah closed the fridge door and made her way to the bathroom to take a shower. After her shower Leah changed to her usual shorts, t-shirt, and sneakers to head to her patrol with the rest of the pack.

Leah stepped outside her house and walked behind a tree to take off her clothes, hiding them in the process. Phasing into her white and sandy wolf gave the young girl a sense of relief and ache to her life. Relief because she could run at an insane speed and feel as the wind ran through her fur. Ache because she had her thoughts read by teenage boys and worst of all her ex-boyfriend. She could hear all of them complain about her endless thoughts of her and Sam; when they used to be together until he broke her heart into millions of pieces, leaving her for her cousin. And since the day she phased and found about imprinting all that she wanted was to imprint on someone, anyone, just so her connection to Sam could be gone.

The only solution that Leah found with the new found telepathy with the rest of the boys was to avoid thinking of Sam and Emily as much as she could.

'Have you heard anything from Josiah?' Once Leah phased she could hear Jared in her head as well as the rest of the pack.

'No.'

Paul's thought's invaded her head next and Leah could see what he was thinking, or as it seemed what he didn't want to think about. She could see a young man around her age ― he looked like Paul and Mary.

'All right.'

Sam's thoughts invaded her mind which caused her to let out a small growl causing Seth, who was next to her, to lightly nudge her to make her stop.

'Aubrey and Seth head north, Quil and Embry head east, Brady and Collin head west, Jared and I will head south. And finally Leah and Paul go towards the Canadian border. Jared and I smelled a leech around the border, just make sure it's gone and not heading here.'