twenty four - birthday call

chapter xxiv.

❝It wasn't until he was gone did I realize how much I needed my brother

❝It wasn't until he was gone did I realize how much I needed my brother...❞

la push, washington
february 22, 2008

FOR THE past couple of months the symptoms were excruciating for Leah to deal with. She thought she would feel more physical pain but once she talked with the elders in the tribe, they informed her that her mental health would be the most affected. And she always felt it. Her inner wolf missed her imprint ― she missed him too.

However, recently the symptoms have gotten better for the shifter. It might have to do with the fact that in two months Josiah would be getting back and her wolf could feel it. Also it did help with all the Skype calls and phone calls that Josiah and her made, making her feel better.

Tonight the pack would be celebrating Billy Black's birthday while also receiving another Skype call from Josiah and Liam. Everyone was excited, they loved hearing from the soldiers.

After finishing her morning patrol, Leah made sure to go to Mary's house and help her finish the preparations for Billy's birthday. The Clearwater girl always enjoyed spending time with Josiah's mother, not only because she was her imprint's mother but also because she didn't feel alone with her feeling of Josiah trapped inside her mind. Mary would often tell her stories of when Josiah was younger and all the trouble he would get in with both Liam and Paul. Leah always enjoyed hearing those stories.

"Just on time Leah," Mary sent her a kind smile, "I just put the cookies in the oven, but I'm going to need your help with the rest."

"Yeah no problem," Leah smiled back and went straight to the other side of the kitchen, "I'll finish the salads and spaghetti."

For the next two hours, Leah and Mary finished the rest of the food that would be taken to Billy's house for the party. Some of the pack members came to help carry the trays of food over to Jacob's house while also helping with the bonfire and decorations. Many of them were also looking forward to the Skype call that Josiah and Liam were going to make to celebrate Billy's birthday with them.

Leah walked up to Jacob's house, carrying the remainder of the food, and helped her mother and Josiah's mom set everything up.

"I brought the computer over," Paul walked inside with the desktop computer and pc, "I'll go plug it in the living room."

Seth made sure to help Paul set it up since Paul easily ran out of patience and would struggle finding the right wires to plug in.

"Josiah and Liam are planning to call later tonight, right?" Embry asked after Paul and Seth finished setting up the computer.

"Yeah," Paul answered while turning on the computer to make sure everything was good, "Probably around seven or eight."

Two hours passed and the small party had finally started with the pack stuffing their faces with the delicious food that the women had prepared. Leah stood back, watching the flames flicker from the fire, eating her own food, deep in her own thoughts. All that the female shifter could think of is the Skype call that they will have with the two soldiers in Iraq. She wanted to hear Josiah's voice and see his face again.