*growing family

BONUS III.

❝ I'm going to be a dad? ❞❝ Yes! And I'm going to be mom

❝ Yes! And I'm going to be mom. ❞

la push, washington
november 2, 2015 - august 5, 2016

LEAH CLEARWATER woke up to an empty bed― her husband had left early to go to work up in Port Angeles. Sighing, Leah sat up in her bed, rubbing her eyes while letting out a yawn. Getting out of bed, the short-haired woman walked over to the bathroom to shower. After an hour under the steaming water, Leah stepped out, washed her teeth, and changed into some clean clothes.

"Good morning Ollie," the German Shepherd lifted his head, wagging his tail at the sight of Leah. Opening the door, and leaving it open, to let him out into the yard, Leah walked over to the kitchen to prepare herself some breakfast.

She took the simple route and made herself some scrambled eggs with bacon on the side. Sitting at the dining table, Leah scrolled through her phone while she ate. But the sudden nausea that hit her made her stop mid-bite, slowly chewing, trying to see if the feeling went away. It didn't.

Running to the bathroom, Leah knelt on the toilet and threw up her breakfast. Gasping and choking, the dark-haired gagged over the toilet. Hearing her distress, Ollie whined and walked over to Leah, licking her hand. After making sure she wasn't going to throw up anymore, Leah flushed the toilet, washed her mouth and face before making her way out of the bathroom― Ollie right on her heels.

Collapsing on the couch with a sigh, she covered her eyes with her inner elbow. What the hell was that?

The dark-haired remained seated on the couch for a couple more minutes, with Ollie resting his face on her knee. After a couple of minutes of sitting, she got up and threw away her unfinished breakfast, gagging at the smell.

"It's probably food poisoning from the sushi we had last night," Leah whispered to herself. Walking back to the bathroom, Leah took some pills, hoping it would go away in a couple of hours.

***

"Still not feeling better?" Josiah asked, worried eyes staring down at his wife who was laying down on the couch.

"I'm okay," Leah muttered, eyes closed, "It's probably just a stomach bug."

Running his hand over his wife's hair, Josiah lent down, "A stomach bug wouldn't last this long."

Leah opened her eyes, staring back at her husband's light brown eyes that were filled with concern. "How bout this," Leah sat up, with the help from Josiah, "If I still don't feel better by tomorrow, we'll go to the hospital."

Josiah contemplated, he wanted to go to the hospital now. "Alright," agreeing in the end, the former soldier sighed.

"Now," pushing her husband away, Leah sent him a weak smile, "You're going to be late for work so you should get going."