five - colorado

chapter v.

❝ You know you can't ignore her forever, right? ❞

colorado springs, colorado
june 8, 2007

IT HAS been three days since Josiah Lahote left his home of La Push and flew to Liam's house in Colorado Springs. Upon arriving, Liam did not question his friend right away and instead gave him space to settle in. He was quick to notice the distressed look on his friend's face but decided against asking him any questions right as he stepped foot in his house.

The following morning Josiah and Liam sat down in the living room with a cup of coffee in one hand. After having their morning coffee, Liam decided it was time to ask his friends what was going.

Josiah expected him to ask and while flying over to Colorado it gave him plenty of time to make up a lie about what happened. Coming up with the lie was easy; however, telling it to Liam was another thing. They both have known each other since they were both in diapers so one knew when the other was lying.

Luck must have been on Josiah's side because as he was telling Liam the lie of why he left La Push, it came out smooth and easy. Throughout it all Josiah kept an eye on Liam's expression. Even if Liam knew that Josiah was lying, he decided against pointing it out and left it be.

Now, three days has passed since he has left La Push. Josiah sat outside of Liam's backyard, a coffee in hand, looking up at the mountains.  The young soldier was deep in thought when the sound of his ringing phone went off, tearing Josiah's eyes from the beautiful mountains in the distance. Letting out a deep sigh the young soldier got up from his seat and turned off his phone ― he knew exactly who it was.

"You know you can't ignore her forever, right?" Liam stepped out from inside the house and took a seat across from Josiah.

The eldest Lahote ignored his friends and sat back down in his seat without taking his eyes off his coffee. Josiah could feel his friend's gaze on him as he took a sip of his coffee. Liam sighed and looked down when he felt a small pressure on his leg; Ollie had laid down on top of his leg. Smiling down at the small pup Liam rubbed the top of his head before looking back up at Josiah who seemed to be lost deep within his own thoughts.

"Jay, you know you can talk to me," Josiah snapped out of his thoughts and faced Liam, guilt washing over him.

"I know... it's just..." Josiah paused before exhaling, setting down his coffee cup and standing up, "I needed some time away..."

The soldiers sat in silence when the sound of Josiah's phone ringing went off again. "You should talk to her," Liam glanced down at the ringing phone, "Because you're leaving tomorrow morning."

Josiah snapped his head in Liam's direction, "Already tired of me?"

"Of course I am!" Liam responded with a smirk, a glint in his eyes telling Josiah that he was joking.

A small smile broke on Josiah's face as he grabbed his phone after it stopped ringing. The young soldier spent the rest of his morning drowning in his own thoughts. All that he could think about was Paul and what he was. He thought about his mother and her tear stained face as he left the house. Making up his mind he decided it was time to go back home and face the reality that he was too afraid to see when he saw his brother turn into a giant wolf.

The rest of the day Liam, Josiah, and Ollie spent the night out exploring the mountains ― hiking. When night fell Liam made dinner for the both of them and just talked like they used to when they were kids playing with mud.

"Have you talked to your dad?"

At the mention of his father Liam froze up and avoided eye contact with Josiah. Noticing this Josiah sat up and leaned forward towards Liam.

"We got in a fight a couple of days ago and he has been ignoring me ever since," Liam shrugged carelessly taking a sip of his beer ― still avoiding Josiah's gaze which didn't seem to leave him.

"Are you okay?" Josiah asked, concern dripping from his words.

"Yeah of course!" Liam exclaimed with a forced smile but Josiah decided against pointing it out.

"Alright well I'm off to bed," Josiah stood up, "I have to get up early to catch the flight back to La Push."

Liam grinned up at his friend, "I'm glad you decided to go back."

"Me too."

"Well goodnight."

"Night. Come on Ollie," Josiah called the small pup that was playing with Liam's shoes by the back door. At the sound of his name the puppy immediately ran towards him with his tail wagging wildly.

Entering the spare bedroom in Liam's house Josiah dropped down on the bed with an exhausted sigh escaping his lips.

"We'll be heading home tomorrow Ollie."

◣▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔◢

║𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞!║

⋆∴༄ Sorry for the short chapter! I just wanted to introduce Liam to the story. I promise next chapter will be better because Leah is coming in... finally!! I hope you guys are exited.

☾ radiantmoonx ☽