Chapter 29

"I want you to meet someone," Michael tells me enthusiastically. "Really? Who?" I frown at him, slightly nervous about who he means. "Maria, I want to introduce you to her. She joins me for dinner every Thursday after she has cleaned the place." Michael informs me. "Okay," I respond quickly. "Great, because she's been complaining about it the whole time," Michael explains while rolling his eyes. "About what?" I ask him. "About who's the one that makes me so happy these days. She knew something was different about me before I even figured out how I felt about you." He tells me with a wide grin. "She knows you very well then," I explain to him. "Yeah, she does. She knows me better than my mother."

Michael sighs. I stroke his arm sympathetically. It's still hard when he talks about his parents, knowing they are terrible parents. But it kind of assures me he always could count on Maria, so it makes me a little nervous about meeting her. I don't want her to think of me the way his parents would think. "What's wrong?" Michael questions me with a worried expression. "It's nothing. I'm just nervous about meeting her, that's all." I tell him with my eyes downcast. Michael takes my hand in his and squeezes gently. "You don't need to worry about Maria, she will adore you just like I do." Michael kisses me gently, as tender as he can be.

I glance around to see if someone watches us. "Michael, you know you can't kiss me at school," I whine. "So? I do what I want with my girl." He winks playfully. "Besides, it's nothing in comparison with the kisses I gave you last weekend," Michael whispers in my ear in a seductive tone. "That's true," I chuckle with flushed cheeks.

Last weekend was just amazing. I had the best day of my life. Having dinner with Michael and my family went smoothly. Even Cody seems to like Michael. "Have you asked your parents yet?" Michael questioned me with raised eyebrows. "No, I forgot this morning," I tell him earnestly. "Ask them today because I can't wait to have you all to myself again." He whispers seductively.

I punch him with my elbow by seeing our friends joining us. "What are you guys doing this weekend?" Kai asked us with a devilish smile plastered on his face. "The usual I guess, you?" I ask him with a small smile. "The usual, huh?" Kai chuckles. I glare at his amusing expression, knowing well what he's referring to because I had to tell somebody about my hot weekend. "I'm going to a gay club so I would love some of you could join me. I'm terrified to go alone." He whines.

"Oh, poor Kai. Why are you scared?" Anne asked him in a very cute, empathizing way. "Because there will be older guys and I don't know what they will want from me." He explains to us unsure. "Kai, you don't have to do anything," I tell him with concern. "I know, but still..." He responds shortly.

"When did you want to go?" I ask him suddenly. Michael looks at me with gigantic eyes, and I shrug at him. "When you guys have time for it." He answers me hopefully. "I'll ask my parents and I'll let you know something, okay?" I ask him with a small smile. "Thank you so much, Soofffff!" Kai squealed. "I'll ask my parents as well, maybe I can join you guys if my dad doesn't decide to do something," Anne tells us with enthusiasm.

"That would be great!" Kai squealed again. "Michael, I'm sorry if I disrupted your plans." Kai turns his attention to my boyfriend. "No worries man, friends need to stick up for each other," Michael answers honestly, squeezing in my hand to make sure everything between us is fine. I sigh and relax again.

Afterward, we said our goodbyes, and Michael and I walk to his car. "I'm sorry, Michael, I don't know if I'll get two days off from my parents. Mostly I can go out one day at the weekends." I explain to him softly. "It's okay, baby. You're too good for this world." Michael kisses me gently before driving off.

"But I'm going to ask them either way and hopefully they'll say yes," I explain to him. "Sure, and if not, then so be it. Then we'll do something next weekend," Michael smiles at me. "But you'll join us with Kai, right?" I ask him, almost forgetting Michael never told us we would go or not. "I don't know if I'll fit their jewel. These guys will be all over me. You know how handsome and charming I am." He tells me proudly.

"You're such a player sometimes." I blurted. Michael chuckles and lays his hand on my thigh. "Of course, I'll come with you baby," Michael replies with a low chuckle. "Good," I respond shortly.

Arriving home, I first searched for mom to ask her permission for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. From being a house mouse to becoming a girl that's always out is so weird, and I don't know what mother will think of it. I find her in the garden, sitting in her comfortable lay chair. "Hi, mom." I greet her, seating myself across from her. "Hi dear, how was school?" She asks me. "Good," I answer her shortly.

"Mom, why are you already home?" I ask her. I saw her car in front of the house and went straight into the house before even thinking clearly about why she was home early. "Oh, there wasn't enough work, so my boss told me I could leave a little sooner." She tells me with a bright smile, but I could see something was off. If she doesn't want to talk about it, I won't drag it out of her. She always gave me that choice, so I'll give it to her in return. I need to respect her silence as she always did with me.

I nod and lay my backpack beside me. "Mom, I need to ask you something about tomorrow and the weekend," I told her nervously. "Did Michael ask you to spend the weekend with him?" She questions me with raised eyebrows. I swallow but hold my bearings. "Yeah, sort of. Tomorrow, Michael's housekeeper Maria, the woman who practically raised him, is going to make dinner at his place and he would be happy if I would meet her. It means a lot to him." I explain to her.

"That's the woman that always took care of him?" Mom asked me curiously. She knows about his parents because she thought it was strange Michael's parents were always out of town. So I gave her the information, and she felt sorry for him almost immediately. "Yes," I respond shortly. "Alright, you can go and for the weekends?" She asked me with raised eyebrows and her arms folded.

"He asked me for Saturday night if I can at least stay with him for a day, maybe a night too?" I ask her with a high voice. Mother looks at me with a serious expression, eyeing me with her big brown eyes. "My baby girl isn't small anymore." She blurted with teary eyes. "Mom, I'll always be your child no matter how old I am," I tell her with compassion.

"I know, but it's going so fast. Even your brother is dating now, did you know?" She questioned me. "No, Cody never talks about his personal life with me," I tell her sternly. "I know, I wished you two would get along a little better." She informs me with her eyes downcast. "We can get along, but it's not like I will share my secrets with him or vice versa," I explain to her seriously.

"I know, but I hope that will change in the future." She tells me with a sad expression. "Mom, is there something wrong?" I ask her, violating our rule about not asking about someone's issues. "No, nothing." She tells me quickly. "Are you sure?" I ask her again. "Of course, enjoy your weekend with Michael." She tells me.

"Oh, one more thing. Kai asked us to go out with him on Friday. He's going to a gay club for the very first time and he's a little scared to go alone, so he asked us to go with him." I explain to her. Mom looks at me with enormous eyes. "That's three days, Sofia." She tells me firmly. "I know, but it will be just for this weekend. Next weekend I'll make it up to you, I promise. Besides, next weekend I can't go to Michael's place because his parents will be home then." I explain to her.

"When is Michael going to introduce you to them?" Mom asked me seriously. "He isn't mom. He doesn't want me around them. He knows they will not approve of our relationship." I explain to her softly. "Are you serious? Why wouldn't they approve of you?" Mom sits straight in her chair, her expression turning cold.

"Because I'm not wealthy enough, I guess. I don't know the specifics, but Michael assured me it was best to keep our relationship hidden from them." I mutter. "I've heard some information about them from a co-worker at the hospital. His parents are cold and distant people. They don't respect the lower class, so maybe Michael's right. But eventually, you'll meet them. It's not good for you to hide. Michael can't hide you forever and you know that." Mom assures me.

I sigh and look at my fingernails. They were growing again. It has been a while since I bit on them. "I know mom," I respond shortly. "But yes, for once you can go with your friends and stay Saturday night with Michael." She tells me with a small smile. "Thanks, mom! You're the best!" I blurted out. "I know." She smiles victoriously. "But I will hold you to it. Next weekend you'll stay home alright? Michael's always welcome to come here though." She questioned me.

"It's a deal," I tell her while taking my phone out of my pocket.