Chapter 13

Am I seeing this for real? Is she standing next to Sydney?! What the fuck! Multiple pictures from the two of them chased me, hunting me for a few minutes.

Miley, my best friend is having fun with the girl that insulted me and her just a few days ago. What is wrong with her? I stood up for her so many times and now she acted as if nothing happened between them. Doesn't she know better? Is she that naive to think Sydney likes her?

I'm feeling sick right now. I stood up for her, knowing she will never do it for me. This is too much right now. I throw my phone on my bed and storm out of my bedroom, banging the door shut. She doesn't even ask me if I would come to school or if I'm feeling better.

Miley is selfish, she's always been like that, but still, it hurts like hell. Knowing now what I see in front of me, I wouldn't have helped her. Suddenly my phone made a noise with an incoming text, so I walk back into my room to look. If that's her I'm going to ignore her until I'm cooled down a little because I'm not reasonable now.

"If you need a talk or something I'm here for you." Michael texted me.

He knows he has seen the pictures as well. God, and yesterday I was still defending her. I'm so stupid. Out of the blue, my mother calls me from my doorway. "What's wrong Sofia?" She asked me gently. Sometimes I think she's a sixth sense or something. She always knows when something's wrong with me. It's like she has a nose for it.

"You know a few days ago I had a fight with that girl. She not only has been insulting me but also Miley. And you know what.... never mind it's nothing." I sigh, feeling the tears well behind my eyelids. "Sofia, talk to me, darling." Mom strokes my back gently. She pats beside her on my bed, gesturing for me to sit next to her.

"Miley has been partying yesterday with that girl, the girl that insulted me and her multiple times. I stood up for her mom and for what? To stab me in the back! For everything, I have done for her. I always took her side, always pushing my own needs away. If she wanted to go somewhere and I wasn't in the mood I still followed her everywhere. Just like that stupid party, I've been to. She was so wasted that I even needed to clean up her puke in her dad's car. She always thinks about her own needs. She doesn't even visit me, knowing very well I was too sick to come out of the house." My sobs became louder and louder until I couldn't see a clear view of my mother.

Mom embraces me tightly for a few seconds. She comforts me by making small soothing circles on my back. "I didn't know she was like that sweety." Mom talks silently. Unfortunately, that was Miley. She's unpredictable, but it never bothered me that much until now. I've never thought she would do that to me and I'm pretty sure when I confront her she will disagree with how I feel about it. She would say don't be dramatic, it meant nothing. I should have known she would turn her back when I fail her for once. I always said yes to her and now that I couldn't go with her because I was sick she just stabbed me in the back like I don't mean anything.

"I don't need her mom," I tell her firmly, desperately trying to compose myself. "Try to talk with her before you make sudden decisions okay?" Mom instructs me with a worried expression. "I'll do, but it will never be the same mom. She has crossed a huge line." I explain with my eyes downcast.

"I know dear. Maybe you can talk about it with Michael, maybe he can help you?" Mom tells me with a small, hopeful smile. "Maybe, but I'm not in the mood right now," I explain to her and lay down on my bed. "I'm tired," I add while yawning. "Alright, if you need anything I'm downstairs baby girl." I nod and close my eyes when I hear the door closing behind her.

Suddenly the phone rings. I search for my phone and pick up when I see who's calling me. "Yeah?" I greet her shortly. "Sofia, I uh I don't know what to say, but I never meant to hurt you. I was alone at the party, and she made a conversation with me. We started talking and drinking and who knew she's not so bad after all." Miley explains hastily. "If you say so, Miley. If she insults you again you can fix it on your own. I'm not going to help you if it happens that's for sure." I say coldly.

For some time it was silent on the other side of the phone, but I didn't make any effort to stop the deafening silence between us. "Sydney told me some stuff about you and you know you're not the friend I thought you were. So don't play the saint here okay." She hissed. "Is that so? And what did your new friend tell you?" I ask sarcastically. Now she's believing all the trash that comes out of Sydney's mouth who had been insulting her a couple of times. This is just unbelievable. We're friends for ages now, and she believes her above me. That's so cruel of her, but I ignore the burning fire in me.

"You want Michael on your own. You want him to punish me. You even text him the whole time!" She informs me in a high voice. And gone is my control. "What the fuck Miley, are you for real! To punish you! Why the hell would I punish you? I know you fancy Michael and I would never want him romantically because I know you fancy him! He just helped me when I was sick and with my bike nothing more! Nothing has happened between us!" I yell into the phone.

"Yeah, just like I believe you! Just like it was a coincidence he had detention at the same time as you and he had helped you with your bike trouble. It was all part of your plan to ruin my life! What kind of friend are you? I never want to speak with you again!" She yells into the phone before she hung up the phone. I let my phone fall out of the palm of my hand. This is it. The end of our friendship and she even didn't let me answer her. I feel betrayed. I've never done anything wrong with Michael. He was the one that offered his help. He was the one texting me. And fuck he was the only one visiting me and not her! If she wants to end all those years of friendship fine, then I won't follow her like a puppy begging for mercy.

I didn't do anything wrong and I'm not planning to apologize for something I didn't do.