Chapter 14

It's a little sad to know I don't know other people from my school because I always was too busy following Miley everywhere. She always claimed me as her best friend and now I'm angry at myself for always obeying her. It brought me nothing because now I'm standing alone. I sigh and stare at the ceiling, but the buzzing noise of my phone startled me. I angrily take it into my hand.

"Are you okay Sofia?" Michael texted me. I close my eyes for a moment, processing the bad situation I had put myself in and I don't even know how I got there in the first place.

"I'm not, thanks for asking," I reply. It's the least I can do for him. He was so nice to me yesterday and every day he has helped me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He texted again.

I think for a few seconds, not really knowing what I want now. Do I want peace in my head? Yes, certainly. How will I get peace with myself? I don't fucking know it.

"Maybe, I don't know." I text him back, biting on my fingernail. I open Facebook and see Miley has blocked me on Facebook. God, she's so childish. "Let her be Sofia, let her be. She will crawl back to you as always..." Whispering to myself.

"I'll drive to you now. Be right there." Michael sent me. No, not now, not today. Uh everyone is here. I don't want to talk with him in my bedroom and I'm certainly not talking in the presence of my family.

"No, I'll come to you if that's okay. Text me your address." I quickly text him back. Dammit, I don't have a choice, but to go. I jump out of bed and ignore the incoming text. Looking into my closet I quickly put on blue skinny jeans and a loose purple sweater. I pull my hair in a ponytail and quickly take a look at my phone. He had sent his address without a discussion. Wow, he is going to obey an order for once.

Walking down the stairs, mom turns her head in my direction. Dad watches me as well. "Well, well are you finally leaving your room." Dad smiles at me. "Yes, I was wondering if I could borrow your car for a moment?" I ask him friendly. "Where are you going?" Mom asks in dad's place. They both frown at me, knowing I'm not the kind of girl heading off with the car on a Sunday. "I'm going to take some notes for math because we have a test in three days. I have missed a lot, so I think it's better not to wait until tomorrow." I explain to them quickly, feeling mixed feelings about me lying to them.

"Fine. You need to be home for dinner though." Dad tells me gently. "Thanks, dad, mom." I smile at them before heading off to Michael's place. Suddenly feeling nervous I type his address on the GPS and drive off to the guy that kept drawing my attention. Hopefully, he can help me find the peace I need.

Finally, arriving at Michael's place, I park dad's car in the huge parking lot. There was space for at least ten cars. I look around me and see Michael's car parked under a wooden carport. It looked new because the color of the wood was still brown and I know it will turn gray in time. On the right side of the house was a large garage where I presume are standing the other cars from the Davis family.

I silently walk up the stone stairs and as I wanted to knock on the door Michael already opened it. He smiles at me with a sincere grin. "Hey, please come in." He gestures with his hand. "Thanks for having me." I quickly reply to him before stepping in, leaving me breathless for a few seconds.

The warmth greeted me and as I look around me the sunlight made the house even bigger and warmer. The beige marble floor was so shiny you almost had to wear sunglasses to look at it. White walls with large paintings took my attention almost immediately. I avert my eyes from the lovely view when Michael cleared his throat. "You seem a little overwhelmed?" He questioned me playfully. "Yes, I am. Your house is wonderful." I exclaim loudly.

He chuckles at my enthusiasm. "Well, if you live here your whole life it becomes very common and normal." He smiles at me. I nod knowingly and await his next move because we were still standing in his hallway revealing a glimpse of his living room. "Do you want some hot chocolate milk? I just made some or do you want coffee or tea or something cold?" He asks me friendly as the gentleman he always is.

"Hot chocolate milk sounds great," I admit softly. "Take a seat in the living room, I'll be right back," Michael informs me before marching to another room. I watch him leave and I swallow at the sight. He was wearing black jeans with a dark green shirt. He was looking delicious as always and the worst part is he didn't even need to do his best to look like the most handsome boy I've ever seen.

I seated myself on a white modern couch and look back and forth, wanting to see everything that could learn me more about the boy that accidentally or not was my shining armor when I needed one. A large plasma screen caught my eye. A movie was pressed pause. I look up when I hear his footsteps entering the room. He hands me a mug in my hands and our fingers touch gently. I quickly retreat from my mug, almost spilling some hot chocolate milk on my lap. He sees my reaction and he chuckles silently.

"I don't have a disease Sofia." He informs me with a wide grin. "Sorry, I don't want to offend you, it's just I uh don't have lots of male friends," I explain to him with a shy smile. "And is that a bad thing?" He questions me curiously. "No, but it makes me a little on edge with boys," I admit softly. "It's okay Sofia, I'm not going to assault you." Michael grins. "I know." I giggle at my silly behavior. I'm so inexperienced when it comes to boys.

"I'm sorry if I'm interrupting your afternoon," I tell him a little uneasy. "It's not a problem, I was watching John Wick. Have you seen the movie?" He questioned me while laying his feet on the coffee table. "Actually yes. I'm a huge Keanu Reeves fan if you must know." I tell him with a bright smile. "Really? I thought girls don't like action movies." Michael says before taking a sip from his mug. "I'm not like most girls." I tried to tell him in a serious tone.

"You're much better than most girls." He admits quietly, carefully looking into my eyes. Too shy to look at him, I quickly avert my eyes from his and look at the fireplace which gave nice quiet creaking noises. "I would love to have a fireplace." I gush, still with my eyes fixated on the burning fire. "Yeah, it's pretty nice." He admits softly. His voice sounded a bit different. Maybe it came from the warming heat of the fire or the closeness of him, but I felt so hot instantly.

"So, I don't know why you're here but just know I won't push you to talk about your friend. It's all up to you Sofia." He explains gently. "I don't know," I respond shortly. As I said, I don't know what to say about the whole situation. "Maybe we can watch the movie instead of talking if you would like?" He questioned me suddenly. I look at him, and he gave me a nice, warm feeling. The feeling of a real, honest friend. A friend whom I can rely on.

"I would like that," I reply with a small smile.