Chapter 19

I never thought this would ever happen to me. I have a boyfriend, and he's the sexiest guy from school. This is so amazing and exciting at the same time, but somehow I felt relieved. Relieved to know what I was feeling was real. He thinks I'm attractive and smart and sweet and so many other things he told me yesterday.

My attention was gone for the whole evening. I saw the movie in pieces because I was too busy enjoying Michael's warm arms around me. He had nuzzled with his face against mine, I felt his breath on my face. The whole dynamic changed between us. Michael always kept his distance, but now he knew I wanted him to, he no longer had to hide his feelings towards me.

But the kiss never came. At one point it bothered me, but I think he didn't want to go too fast. When I arrived home my smile never faltered. Mom and dad saw almost immediately something different about me. But I still kept it a secret. I'm going to tell them this weekend and hopefully, they will be happy for me too, but I guess they'll be good with it. Especially mom will be thrilled about our relationship.

I park my bike and look around to see Michael has arrived in his car. I smile and wait patiently until he comes over to me. "Hi." I greet him shyly. Is he going to kiss me now? In front of the whole school? In front of Miley? Fuck Miley, she isn't going to understand what we have. She thought I wanted him all along, but I only know the truth. I never wanted him, I despised him and his group and if she thinks deep inside her heart she'll know I wasn't planning this to happen. Sydney and a few others from the group always were looking down on others, but Michael was different. He only had attention for girls, that's the only thing I'm still being afraid of. He was a real player, maybe one of the most wanted guys from school, and I'm so simple. I'm not super gorgeous or rich, like his former girlfriends.

Michael calls them not his girlfriends because he has never dated one, but he says all those things and still, it keeps me on edge. I know he's honest now, so I need to wait and hope he'll never hurt me. "Hi, beautiful." He smiles brightly, looking at his handsome self as always. "Hey, you." I smile at him, seeing behind Michael's shoulder an angry Miley and Sydney glaring at us. Michael follows my gaze and he chuckles. "Bitch squat has seen us." He responds with a cunning smile. "Yeah, I know." I sigh. "What's wrong?" Michael steps closer brushing his hands gently over my arms. "Miley's angry now she has seen with her own eyes Sydney's so-called lies have been true all along," I tell him honestly.

"Screw them Sofia. You don't need her. Let them live in a lie if only we know what has happened between us. We were friends at the beginning and if they think differently let them be. Don't let them play with that gorgeous head of years." Michael informs me, giving me a quick peck on my cheek. "You are too wise sometimes." I grin at him. "I know." He smiles playfully.

Suddenly the bell rings and together we walk side by side to the massive old wooden door. "See you at lunch." He winks at me before marching into the other corridor when we were inside the school building. "See ya," I call after him with a bright smile. I pick my books inside my locker for English. I place my heavy bag inside my locker and look at the inside of it. Pictures from Miley and me were still hanging inside the door. I swallow by the memories as they were still as fresh as our fight. I'm mad at her, but I can't stay mad forever. She was my best friend and I know deep down it hurts her too. I'll leave the pictures in it until I'm going to talk to her one of these days, I only need to decide when the time is right. When she's alone and not standing with Sydney because I'm afraid she's too far brainwashed by her lately. But I know she'll never believe me when it comes to Michael.

In the morning my mind kept trailing off. My attention in class was so bad the teacher called me afterward to her desk. She thought something had happened, and she didn't want to ask it in class in front of everyone. Luckily she didn't do that. I told her I had slept very badly because I was still recovering from my illness, and she bought it. I hate to lie, but I couldn't tell her the truth. Miss Mavis would bring it up in class just to make sure we would reunite again.

I was so glad when I spotted Michael alone in the corner of the lunchroom. He's always so early. When he noticed me, his eyes started shining. "Hey, how was your day so far?" Michael questioned me curiously. "Good, nothing spectacular has happened so..." I answer him with a smile. "Did you want something spectacular to happen then?" Michael chuckles at my response. "No, I didn't mean it like that." I grin at him. Michael leans closer and entwines his fingers with mine. Hastily I look around me, not wanting to draw all the attention. Most of all I didn't want to draw Sydney's or Miley's attention. Did they know about us?

"What's wrong? Don't you want me to touch you?" Michael asked a little hesitant, loosening his grip on me. "No, it's just I need to get over it. Miley and Sydney will know by now right?" I question him, tightening the grip of my fingers around his. "I don't know and I don't care. Tom has asked me a bunch of questions about why he didn't see me at the weekends and why he hasn't heard anything from me. He knows something is off. He even asked how you've been lately after Sydney's assaults against you. I think he knows." Michael explained while taking a bite from his sandwich. With the sandwich in my hand, I take a big gulp from my water and I almost spilled it out when I noticed Tom walking with a massive grin towards us.

In a panic, I squeeze Michael's fingers, and he eyes me curiously with a grin. "Auwtch," he chuckles, but his attention was drawn to someone behind me. "Hi Tom, what's up?" He questioned him shortly but in a friendly tone. "Can I join you guys? I've had enough of Sydney's behavior." He informs us, eyeing me curiously. "Sure," Michael responds, looking at me with a small smile. Tom looks at our hands and I instantly loosen my grip but Michael kept my hand in place. "Tom I've to tell you something," Michael responds calmly. "I bet you do," Tom exclaimed a little agitated. "Sofia and I are a couple," Michael informed him with a big smile on his face. "I knew it. Well, congratulations both of you. Sofia you're the first one that tamed him." Tom chuckles. I nod friendly and eye Michael closely. "I'm still the same guy Tom," Michael responds hesitantly. I don't know what to think of Tom. I don't know him enough to know when he's sincere or not.

Tom laughs at Michael's words. "Now you've finally made the big step, when do you have time to join us at a party? Sofia is also welcome of course." Tom smiles at me and the tension that I had been building up silently faded away. Normally, he missed his friend because he was always texting me, or I was with him. "Maybe I'll come. Next weekend I've more time for parties, so I'll see you next weekend at Lucas his party alright?" Michael informs him, squeezing slightly in my hand. "Great." Tom smiled. "Sofia I just wanted to tell you that Miley's talking trash about you to others. I don't think it's nice of her though. She's jealous of you, but I thought you should know." Tom informs me calmly, his expression not leaving any evidence of lies.

"Thanks, Tom for telling me. I don't know where it all went wrong between us, but she's going to live without me in her life now. I always had respect for her, but if she's talking behind my back and I can't even defend myself it's so low of her." I explain to him a little too harshly. "I know, that's why I told you," Tom tells me calmly. "The truth can be hard Sofia, but I think you should know she's not the person you always thought she was," Michael tells me reassuringly, stroking my hand gently. I swallow hard and look at the table where she was sitting earlier. Miley turned her head in my direction, and she just scowled at me.

"You're right. She isn't worth my time." I tell them softly. Even if it hurts I'll need to let her go because after all this time she just played me. I was her toy and nothing more.