Chapter 37

During the night, I felt so restless. Tossing and turning without waking up Michael was the hardest part. Weirdly, he always woke up when I was so restless or he didn't sleep through the entire night. What is wrong with me? I should be happy not feeling restless. I exhale loudly and turn my head toward Michael.

"Hi, you're awake?" I question him in surprise, seeing him gazing at me. "It's because of me, right? I always wake you up." I add silently. "No, it's not your fault. I'm not that tired, that's all baby." He informs me. "Is it because of the fight with your parents?" I ask him carefully. "Maybe a little." He explains uneasily. "Do you want to talk about what happened?" I ask him, hoping I wouldn't piss him off with my nosy questions. Hopefully, he understands why I ask for more information. The last thing I want is to hurt him by asking about them.

"I would rather not talk about it, jewel. I just want to enjoy my time with you." Michael explains to me carefully while caressing my upper arm. "Okay," I answer shortly. Michael pulls me against his chest and I place my head on his arm. "I wish we could always sleep with each other. It feels so good in your arms." I admit and nuzzle against his warm body. His chest moves faster under my hand. "I love you, Michael Davis," I murmur and I feel his embrace tighten around my body. "I love you too." He tells me earnestly.

I close my eyes and yawn. Feeling his hot body against me made me even more exhausted. My body relaxes against his and the feeling of his fingers stroking my arm gave me a safe feeling. Silently sleep overtook me, my mind playing tricks with me. Michael whispers how much he loves me and what I mean to him. But the last sentence was very strange. "I hope one day you can forgive me." That had been his last words before I fell asleep, too tired to think everything through what he just had said to me.

Darkness consumed me fully until the only thing I saw was his face in my dreams. Waking up to the sound of singing birds made me smile automatically. There are worse ways to wake up for sure. I open my eyes and look out of the window. The sun greets me and warms me, even when it was still cold inside my room. I turn my head to the side and notice Michael wasn't in bed anymore. I push myself up in a lazy sitting position, leaning my head against my headboard.

Sleepily, I let my eyes adjust to the incoming sun and pull the sheets over my belly. Strange that it already feels much colder with the absence of Michael's closeness. He must be in the bathroom or something. After a few minutes of waiting, I drag myself out of bed. Maybe he's already downstairs? I pull on my socks and my eye catches something on my nightstand. It was a white envelope with my name on it. I carefully take it in my hand and I freeze for a moment.

Looking around in panic, I notice all of his clothes are gone. His phone, everything was gone. The only thing he left was this small envelope. A feeling of fear overtook me. I gently open the envelope with trembling hands and start reading.

My sweet jewel,

By the time you wake up, you'll see I'm already gone. I can't explain everything to you everything and that hurts me the most. Knowing I can't be there for you each step of the way hurts me the most. Do know I did it for you because I love you.

I want you to forget about me. Our relationship was doomed from the start and it has been torturing me each day, every second I was with you. My sweet jewel, our breakup was inevitable. You'll be mad at me and I can't blame you. I hope you can forgive me one day.

I don't regret us being together, but I hate to mislead you. I wished we could be together forever, but I can't. I'll never forget you, my sweet princess.

I love you

Michael

I throw the envelope on the ground and run down the stairs. Tears were streaming down my cheeks while I desperately searched for the car keys. "Where are they?" I ask myself angrily. Suddenly, I hear someone flushing the toilet and I stop for a few seconds.

"Sofia? What are you doing?" Cody, his sleepy voice appeared from behind me. I yank my head to the side. "I need to find the car keys. Do you know where they are?" I stammer. "Why? What's wrong? Where's Michael?" He asked me, confused.

"I need the car keys, Cody!" I yell at him, my lower lip trembling from anger and sadness. Cody walks beside me and pulls out the keys from a drawer. Since when do they lie in that drawer? "I'll drive with you," Cody instructs me softly while pulling on his coat and shoes. "I can drive myself, gesturing with my hand to give me the keys.

"Not in this condition, Sofia. Mom and dad would kill me if I would let you drive alone in this state." Cody explains firmly. "Fine," I answer him angrily before putting on my coat.

The car ride went silent. Cody never asked me what happened between me and Michael, but his expression said enough when I told him to drive to his place. Cody looked at me once in a while with a worried expression. This was the first time I saw my brother this concerned about me, but the only thing I could think of right now was Michael's letter.

When we arrived at his house, Michael's car was standing in the parking lot. I exhale in relief and rush myself out of the car as soon as it stopped. In ten steps I was standing in front of his large front door. I banged on it like a maniac, yelling his name. "Michael, open up this door!!!!" I shout my lungs out. "Open it, pleasseee!!!"I lower myself to my knees and lean my head against the door, letting my tears stream down my face.

"Sofia, he isn't home. Look." Cody points with his index finger toward a window. A plate for sale was hanging on different mirrors. They are selling the house.

This can't be happening. Why is he leaving? Where does he go? What did I do wrong to deserve this? Why did he play me all along if he knew we couldn't be together? Was it all a ly?

From all the people, I would never guess he would be the one I love the most and he would be the one breaking me.

Hi guys. This is the end of book 1.

I never thought this book would be loved by so many. The love between Michael and Sofia was pure, innocent, and real. Let's see how their story will evolve in the second book 💕

Hope you enjoyed it so far!

The following book is called, You will be mine!