Chapter 7

POV Michael

I'm sitting at the table chatting with the guys and eating our lunch when Sydney marches towards us with a furious expression on her face. What's wrong with her? God, that girl is so dramatic sometimes. It's no wonder she's still single. She's hot, but that's just the only thing that makes her interesting because she's so shallow sometimes. She has no self-control or dignity. I didn't even like her, but unfortunately, the guys fancy her, so I tolerate her presence.

"You guys listen to me. Stay away from that psycho! Look what she did to me!" She yells, pointing her fake nails on her pink cheek. I suppress a little laughter and look at Tom, who was also looking with a surprised expression. "What happened?" Me and Tom question her in a serious tone now. I don't like to see a woman slapped in the face, but she says it's a she, so she probably deserved it.

"The fucking psycho slapped me in the face, that's what happened." She tells us in a harsh tone. "Who did that?" I ask her with a frown. "Sofia Santos." She smiles wickedly. "The girl doesn't even have boobs. I'm so much better than her." She adds with a proud expression on her face, showing she's happy to share that kind of information with us. Flinn and Jim Jackson, the most popular twins and also my best mates from high school, started laughing like crazy.

"Sydney you're sad sometimes you know that right?" I tell her in a firm tone, feeling all eyes at the table on me because of my changing demeanor. Even Tom eyes me curiously, clearly surprised. Even I'm surprised, I don't even know the girl. "Sydney, I know you and you probably deserved it. Telling us she's small boobs is just low, even for you." I glare at her for a second before biting a huge piece of my sandwich. "You're a prick," Sydney whispers before lowering herself to the seat right opposite me, blocking my view. Something in me says Sydney must have hurt her badly. Then she flirts with Jim, asking him about his weekend plans. If he doesn't bite she's going to search for another victim to play with. The girl has a fucking attention problem.

My mind quickly averts his attention from Sydney and quickly searches the room for Sofia, but she was nowhere to be seen. I don't get the girl. She intrigues me from the first moment she bumped into me. Her soft brown eyes and her worried expression were on me. The small freckles on her nose. Her dark brown hair was in a ponytail. It warmed me, and it even wasn't a likable moment.

She just crashed against me accidentally. It was a fucking coincidence, nothing more, but when I saw her again at the party something snapped in me. My self-control was gone. I never saw someone so innocent and bold at the same time. She was wearing a loose dress, but made her a little sexy, especially because of the belt showing her slim waist.

I only saw her hard exterior because it's the only side she wants to show everyone. A shame because I'm sure she's different with the right people. She can't show herself at school and it hurts knowing she always wears a shield to protect herself. Who am I to judge, I'm not even true to myself or my friends. I get her and understand why she does it. She only trusts herself, and I can't blame her.

Now that Sydney told her such cruel things, it must have hurt so much. As I presumed, while Sofia entered the room she was back to cold. She doesn't show any emotions. She's though, too damaged maybe to letting people come close to her. She's sitting with her friend who had been dancing with me at the party. She cares a lot about her friend, and that just makes her more beautiful than she already is. There's so much more behind the fragile brunette that she desperately wants to keep a secret. This just makes me more curious about her.

"Fuck, why do I need to stay longer Mister Smith?" I ask my English teacher a little too rough. "Manners mister Davis, or I'll send you to detention, is that clear!" Mister Smith answers in a firm tone, looking down on me like I'm a nobody that he could crush like an ant. "Sure," I reply coldly with my arms folded. "Shall we begin?" Mister Smith ushers me to read poems about different famous authors. I nod and start reading like a good boy. The faster we begin, the faster I can go home. Not like there's someone at home waiting for me, though.

After an hour of reading and listening, I'm exhausted. I make my way to the parking lot where my old, but renovated pickup Chevy awaits me. I toss my backpack on the passenger seat and turn up the engine. How I love this truck. They put a more powerful motor inside this old Chevy and gave it a new life. It was all rusty and inside the vehicle; they broke almost everything.

Now the car had an old, but cool exterior. From orange stains to a shiny black color with a brand-new interior. My parents were so angry I bought this car for my birthday. They ushered me to buy something more luxurious, like a Ferrari or a Porsche, but I never listened to them because they never took the chance to listen to me once.

I turn up the heat and the radio, blowing into the palm of my hands. It's going to freeze tonight for sure. Suddenly raindrops roll down my windshield. I better get going now.

The weather became worse in an instant and I quickly lower the speed of the truck, feeling it became slippery in the corners. I gently turn and saw a black shadow from beside the car. What's that? I quickly pull on my handbrake and open the door from the passenger seat to get a better look.

A small smile appears on my face, giving me a warm feeling almost immediately. She's soaking wet from the rain. Why is she even walking? I yell from the car. "Do you need some help?" Hoping she will say yes, but I wouldn't leave her no choice though. It's freezing out there.

She nods hesitantly and looks back to her bike. "I had a flat tire." She answers me with a shivering voice. She must be cold. "Get in the car, I'll take care of your bike," I yell, hoping she understands what I'm saying. She nods again and crawls into my truck. I quickly make my way outside in the rain, lifting her bike into my trunk. Luckily, I have enough space in this truck.

Feeling myself becoming more wet with each second, I quickly make my way back inside the car. All the windows evaporate. I quickly turn up the heat a little more and my attention almost immediately turned back to Sofia's shivering body. "Wait," I murmur before taking a blanket from behind my chair.

I can feel her eyes on me the whole time. It even makes me a little nervous now. It's not a coincidence she showed up in the middle of the rain. "Here," I give her the blanket and gently lay it on her. "Thank you." She responds quickly. "But you are also wet." She admits softly, with a trembling tone. "Yeah, it's becoming a thing of us these days." I chuckle, driving away from the dangerous corner.

She smiles shyly at me and quickly averts her gaze back to the road. "I had detention." She suddenly starts talking. "You must have heard about what I did." She adds softly. "Yes, I did, but I told Sydney it was her damn fault, and she deserved it," I respond hesitantly, not knowing how she will react about me taking her side.

She looks at up me with one brow up in surprise. "I uh, she told me what she had done and said so ... I just reacted," I explain to her a little unsure. She nods with her head down. "I don't normally am a violent person." She admits in a soft tone.

"I know," I answer shortly.