Chapter 8

I went to school with a whole other look at Michael Davis. Yesterday, he showed me a different side of him. Michael has a caring and soft side. There's more to the handsome adonis, but can I trust him? Did he help me because I was in trouble, and he felt sad for me? Or does he cares about me and wants to get to know me?

So many questions are swirling into my mind while Mom drives me to school. My flat tire wasn't fixed, so Mom dropped me off at school. "Please say thank you from me to the young man that drove you home yesterday, okay?" Mom asks me while stopping in front of the school. "I'll do Mom. I've detention again, so you know I'll be done an hour later." I explain to her quickly before stepping out of the car. "I know, see you then baby girl." she waves with a big smile before leaving for a long day at work. Being a nurse is so underpaid and underrated these days. The entire day she cares for strangers, even putting her own life at risk with some diseases. She's a life savior and deserves a freaking medal.

I walk to the spot where Miley and I usually stand. Miley wasn't there yet. As usual, she will be just on time or too late. Looking at my phone, I scroll through Facebook when I noticed a friend request from Michael. A small smile appears on my face. I just couldn't hide my enthusiasm. This is so wrong with what I'm feeling but feels exciting and normal. I feel a connection with him if I like it or not. I can't explain it, but I hope I'll figure it out soon.

As I'm scrolling down on my phone, I almost jumped out of my skin when Michael cleared his throat right beside me. "How are you?" He questions me with a wide grin. He must think it was funny scaring me. When I see his beautiful smile, I couldn't be angry at him. His smile is so contagious I also smiled. "I'm good, thanks. You?" I question him in a sincere tone. "I'm good." He smiles at me. "Did your mom bring you?" He questioned me curiously. "Yes, my dad was home late from work, so I still got a flat tire the next morning. Not that I'm angry about that, though. It's warmer traveling in a car ....and dry." I smile up at him. "I can imagine that." He responds a little distracted. "My mom asked me to thank you in her place, so thanks again," I tell him with an unsure smile. "No problem. I don't want to leave a woman in distress." He winks playfully. And the ladykiller shows himself again.

"Oh, you got that all wrong. I wasn't in trouble at all. Everything was under control" I giggle at him. "It was all your imagination," I add with a big smile. This is nice, talking, flirting even teasing each other a little. Why haven't I tried this before? Because I haven't met someone as nice and attractive as him, I know he only sees me as a female friend and nothing more. I know his ex-girlfriends, and they didn't look like me. They were beautiful and popular, right the opposite of who I am.

It's for everyone's benefit to stay friends and nothing more. I don't want to get involved in another man's life, especially when I need to focus on school and myself. I'm still learning the real me and loving myself, another task from my therapist. Besides, Miley wouldn't appreciate me hooking up with her dream guy.

Michael his demeanor changes when he noticed Sydney glaring at us. He glares at her for a few seconds before turning his gaze back at me. "You don't need to glare at her because of me. She's your friend." I tell him a little unsure. "She deserves it, and why do you think we're good friends?" He questions me abruptly. "I don't know because she always sits with you and your friends at lunch?" I ask him with knitted brows, folding my arms. I always do it when I want to demand answers, but with him, I can't demand anything. He just dominates me and that frustrates the hell out of me.

I can't let him control me though, so I need to do my best not to sound too sweet for him. "And you think because she sits at the table with us or I dance with her, I should like the girl? I just tolerate her presence that's all." He admits flatly. "If you say so," I respond, rolling my eyes. At the entrance of the gate, I see Miley with big eyes walking toward us. I avert my gaze and step one step back, so I can lean against the wall. Michael looks at me with an uncertain expression on his face. "Hi guys, hi Michael." Miley greets both of us, quickly giving her full attention to Michael. "Hi, I better get going. Bye, girls." He blurts before pacing back to his group of friends. That was weird. He almost felt intimidated by Miley. Maybe it's all coming back to me now, but I think he likes Miley. And maybe that's why he wants to befriend me, to get close to her.

Not that I care about him being with my friend. Better her than anyone else because she deserves a wonderful boyfriend. I'm going to tolerate his presence if he's good for her or else I will tell him face to face to back off. I don't want to see her getting hurt by him, or any other guy.

"What did he tell you? Did he ask about me?" She asks, sounding a little out of breath. "I uh. Well, he gave me a lift home yesterday after detention, that's all." I respond flatly.

"A ride home?" She asks me hesitantly. "Yes, I had a flat tire and was soaking wet from the rain. He offered me a ride home, nothing more." I explain to her softly. "Oh, that's nice of him." She responds with a dreamy expression. She's thinking about how it would be if she was in my place. "Yeah, he was friendly," I respond shortly, trying to give not too much information about it.

At lunch, Miley and I were sitting at our small table, talking about the weekend. "You really should come to Tom's party, Sofia. Luckily, his parents aren't home for the weekend again. I'm so thrilled about it. Mom and I are going to search for another dress for me, come with us." She encourages me. She never went shopping with her mom before. They are always in a big fight when the two of them are in the same room. It's odd, but I will not pay more attention to it. "No, it's fine. I'm not going, anyway." I explain to her.

I look at my water bottle to notice it's empty. "Fuck, I'm quickly going to buy another one." I gesture with the empty bottle in my hand. I stand up and toss it in the rubbish bin, before making my way to the drinks corner. Suddenly I hear someone shouting behind me. I turn to see Michael abruptly standing from his seat and banging his fist on the table. Right across from him sits a terrified Sydney, who eyes him with a trembling lip. Tom lays his hand on his shoulder to distract him. Then Sydney looks straight in my direction and Michael's gaze follows her. He looks at me for one moment, his eyes are darker than their usual blue.

"What's there to see bitch, just turn around." I hear the venom coming out of her mouth. "Shut the fuck up, Sydney! Leave her out of it!" Michael yells back at her. I swallow at his dominant posture. I've never seen him this angry before and it scares me. Luckily, I'm not the one making him that mad.

"You know what. I always have respected you, but it's enough. Your nothing more than a stupid whore!" I hear him yelling at her. And then hell breaks loose. Every person in this room gathers around their table, wanting to be in the first row when something else happens. My view was blocked and then I knew he was in big trouble. "Davis, in my office, now!" The director shouted. Yep, he's in big trouble.