Chapter 23

"Anne, you look stunning." I gushed. She twirls around, showing me her super sexy black jumpsuit. "Thanks." She responds shyly. "Anne, I've to admit this outfit suits you so much better than those too-wide sweaters," Kai explains with a wide grin. "But they are so comfy," Anne whined. "I've to agree with that," I reply with a sly smile. "I won't deny those sweaters compared to this sexy, tight black dress is so much better for my eyes," Michael whispers in my ear. "What do you think of my outfit?" Kai asked cheerfully.

"Can you discuss everything in the car, we need to go," Michael instructed us, ushering us inside the car. "Babe, why are you in a hurry?" I ask him, unsure. "Jewel, I need to dance with you, I've been thinking about your body against mine all day long." He whispers playfully in my ear before entering the car.

"Is he always this dominant?" Kai asked us curiously, a wicked smile appearing on his face. "You don't want to know how bossy I can be," Michael responds with a sly smile. Kai whistles seductively, winking at me. This is just awesome. These moments like this are precious to me. I'm getting to know them better and better, and when I think of it, I wished I had known them longer. Kai and Anne are great, and I'm so grateful for their genuine friendship. This is what real friends are.

Arriving at the party, we step out of the car with so much confidence others will notice it. Anne was more reserved, Kai wanted to understand others. And I'm happy-happy with the people surrounding me. My perfect boyfriend gave me the confidence I needed. Together we stand tall against the negativity. We form a block from now on.

Tom Fineck saw us walking in, and he gestures for us to stand with him. I look around to see if Miley was already there, but I couldn't see her. Secretly I had hoped she wouldn't come at all, but knowing her, she will be here soon. "Hi guys, I didn't think you would show up," Tom tells us, eyeing Anne curiously. "I told you we would come," Michael responds calmly, squeezing gently in my hand like he needs assurance that I'm still standing beside him."Do you guys want something to drink?" Tom questioned us with a bright smile. "Yeah, sure," I respond friendly. "I'll join you. Be right back." Michael informs us, giving me a quick peck on the lips before walking away with Tom.

"That's Tom Fineck," Anne tells us with enthusiasm. "Yeah, so?" I shrug a little. Why does she react like this? "Did you know he's an outstanding soccer player and not to mention very rich and handsome?" She tells us in a hurry, gazing into the kitchen from time to time. "No, I didn't know that. I never knew you were a soccer fan?" I question her, a sheepish grin spreading on my face. This night is going to be interesting. "Of course, I am a soccer fan. Aren't you?" She questions me, her face changing in shock. "No." I shrug. "She's only into her boyfriend." Kai chuckles, giving me a playful punch with his elbow. I stick my tongue out at him. "I get you, Anne. Seeing sportive, popular guys running after a ball is sexy as hell, especially when they win and pull off their shirts. I think that's the best part of the whole soccer experience." Kai explains to us seriously. "I agree," Anne responds cheerfully."Alright, enough talking about half-naked guys. Let's drink something." I tell them, eagerly taking the drink from Michael, who had arrived with our drinks.

I mouth a quick thank you to Michael, who was grinning at me. "It's been a while since I drank beer," Anne admits with a sheepish grin. "It's an excellent beer, no, the best from the area," Tom responds quickly with a sly smile. "Great," Kai responds enthusiastically. "Because I'm thirsty." He adds, flashing his white teeth. We drank a little and had a great time until I see her in the corner of my eye. She was wearing a pink dress that almost revealed her ass and a tremendous amount of cleavage.

I quickly avert my gaze, not wanting to give her the satisfaction of attention. Anne sways on the music and Kai already looked very tipsy. I laugh, enjoying the company to the fullest. Lose somebody from Kygo plays through the room and I automatically swayed my hips. Kai and Anne were already dancing in each other's arms, having a blast. "Come join us." Kai pulls me close and the three of us dance like our life depends on it. Michael and Tom were in a deep conversation, so I let myself get lost in the song's rhythm.