Chapter 6

Today's my second test from Miss Gretchen and I'm so nervous. I don't want to let myself down or her, now I'm finally getting her to like me.

I'm standing against the wall with my book in one hand, reading my notes for the last time before the bell rings. "Here you are." Miley greets me a little out of breath. "Here I am." I smile at her.

Her rosy cheeks, pale face, and stammering voice tell me she's been running to school. "You alright?" I ask her with a frown. "Yeah, I couldn't get out of bed this morning, that's all." She responds softly.

"Fuck, is that what I think it is?" She gestures at my book. "Yes, here take a quick look," I respond, pushing the book into her hands. At a high speed, she turns the pages. She sighs multiple times, feeling a little stressed.

Looking around the school grounds, I spot Michael talking with Tom. In a small fraction, he turns his gaze and spots me looking at him. I quickly turn my gaze back to Miley, who was still studying the last pages. Carefully I look from under my lashes, too curious to know if he's still watching.

The spot where he was standing before was empty. I turn my gaze back to Miley when the bell rings. "Come on, let's go inside it's freezing outside," Miley whines, handing me my book back. Together we talk a little more about yesterday. I visited my grandparents at the retirement home and Miley was her lazy self as always doing nothing on a Sunday.

"Let's get this over with." I wink at Miley before seating myself beside her on the second row. "Yes," she grins at me. Sydney walks to her table in front of me and grins wickedly at me and Miley. "I heard you have been puking Miley?" She grins widely. What the fuck is her problem.

"Yes, I felt a little sick," Miley answers her in a soft voice. "Little girls don't belong at a party with the cool youngsters. You can't even keep your purse with you. Are you some child?!" She laughs at her cruel explanation.

"Shut the fuck up Sydney," I yell at her and Miss Gretchen comes between us. "Miss Santos, outside now." She orders me with a raising of her voice. The last thing I see is Miley looking at me with wide eyes and Sydney smiling at her victory. This time you win Sydney, but not the next one.

"What was that all about Sofia?" Miss Gretchen ushers me to answer her. "Sydney was insulting Miley, and I became angry," I tell her honestly. "You can be angry all you want, but I won't tolerate such behavior in my class, Sofia." She states firmly. "Yes, it won't happen again. I'm sorry." I tell her with a lower voice.

"I hope so." She responds before opening the door again. "Let's get back inside for the test." She informs me, her face showing no emotions. I nod and make my way back to my table.

The test went very well. After the test, we had an hour of gym. I was happy I could clear my head for an hour without sticking my nose between books. "I'm sorry I didn't come up against Sydney or Miss Gretchen. You didn't need to save me." She explains to me a little ashamed while running in the forest beside me on a high tempo.

"It's fine, Miles," I assured her with a small smile. Together we run for half an hour before they called us back to the changing area. Miley and I place ourselves away from Sydney and her slaves. Away from the drama, but I could have known she won't back down now.

I pull out my gym shirt and place it in my bag before searching for my shirt and black trousers. I frown at my bag, seeing only my sweater inside and my shoes. Miley looks up at my worried expression. "What's wrong?" She questions me with a frown. "The bitch has stolen my clothes," I tell her, feeling my anger boil inside me. "What?!" She speaks in a prominent voice.

I turn around to see Sydney and her puppets watching my every move with a fake smile on their faces. I walk towards them with my hands folded. "Where are my clothes?" I hiss at Sydney. "How should I know? Look after your clothes like an adult would do." She snaps at me. "Besides, why do you even need a bra? You don't even have breasts." She laughs hysterically and then something snapped in me.

My hand crashes against her cheek, leaving her speechless for a moment before she cries like a baby. She runs out of the clothing area and I yell at the girl that was standing next to Sydney.

"Where are my fucking clothes!" I hiss at the girl. Her legs tremble while walking to a closet and opening it to reveal my clothes. I snap them out of the drawer and march back to Miley. She was shocked about my outburst.

My aggression dumbfounded her. I would never slap someone unless they deserve it. Nobody insults me or my friend. I already have low self-esteem and when she insults me again and again when it's not a pleasant thing to do, I snap.

I am not the aggressive type at all, but I couldn't handle my actions at that point. Enough is enough.

Suddenly the door bursts open, revealing Sydney with our gym teacher. Her makeup is ruined, but I couldn't care anymore. I know what will happen and I'm happy to get a punishment for slapping her. I really would do it again when I see her grinning at me. She won't stop the bitch.

I'm sitting in detention as I presumed would happen. Everyone is going home now and I need to stay for an hour for the whole freaking week. I'm fucking annoyed.

Mom was angry at me at first, but she understood why I did it. She always told me to protect myself, and that's what I did. I protected my self-esteem and honor. She doesn't need to insult my body the way she did. It's humiliating enough to not have bigger breasts. I hope I'm a late bloomer or every guy that comes on my path will laugh at my childish body.

An hour later, I'm standing on my bike. I sigh and take my bike. I quickly text mom I'm leaving school now. In an instant, the sky turns pitch black, and dark clouds gather above me. "Wait for half an hour, please," I beg, making my way home at a higher speed than usual.

My prayers haven't been heard. The clouds let loose of their spared rain. Big raindrops fall on my head, disrupting my view. I blink multiple times with my eyes, trying to keep them open. I feel my legs becoming heavier from the cold wetness. Suddenly I ride over a stone on the street. I needed to balance myself to not fall on the ground.

After one minute, I just gave up. Feeling drained and exhausted and my bike that won't do its job properly. I take my phone out of my pocket and lit my front tire to look for a sign of why it felt not normal. "Of course, I can still add a flat tire, why not?" I hiss in anger. I tried to call my parents, but the connection falls almost immediately.

I hear a car coming from behind me and I jump aside with my bike, well-known I was standing behind a sharp turn and the driver won't see me. I'm freaking out when I notice the driver abruptly stops beside me.

Through the dark and the rain, I couldn't see what kind of car it was. The driver opens the passenger's door. "Do you need some help?" He asks me in a helpful and worried tone.

God, why did you send me him from all the people that live here? Why him?! He's the one I'm trying to avoid at all costs.