66: The heir of king

Zain's POV

They wanted to take the baby to Mira. But I quickly stopped them.

"Marmie, please dress him up first. Mira would want to see him for the first time in all whites. He is gonna be her little angel" I pleaded.

Marmie stared at me wierdly. She looks at the child who is quietly napping in his soft baby blue overall and she finally turns to look at Momsie who raises a challenging brow.

Marmie gives the child to Momsie and says "your daughter want him in whites"

Momsie laughs, accepting the child. "At least she didn't want him in black" she shakes her head and went ahead to find fitting clothes for the child that are all whites in Mira's delivery bag.

I smiled at that, picturing Mira's face when she sees the little angel!

Mira's POV

I am still in the resting room at the hospital and Zain is the first one to come meet me after Momsie left the room.

He just stared at me with an expression I cannot explain.

"I take it I won right? It's a boy habibi" I smiled, tears shining in my eyes. Tears of joy I cannot describe.

"You did" he agreed, walking to my side and dragging a line chair towards the bed. He took my hands in his and kissed the back of it very softly.

"How do you feel?" He asks curiously, peering at my face with an expression I can only call inquisitive.

"I feel great actually. No stitches, no complications...I only feel like all of my intestines have been scooped away with a large spoon. I can't stop subcinsciously touching my tommy...it's so wierd not to have the baby in there anymore" I sighed.

He removed one of his hands from mine and caressed my slightly swollen tommy and a peculiar expression comes on his face.

"It is wierd" he agreed. And why not! He is always touching the area as if trying to connect with the baby too. I guess it's gonna take a while for us both to adjust to the development.

"A lot is gonna change now. No more eating unripe mangoes, excessive white chocolate and the ever honorable sallah meat" he teased.

"No more swelling, belly pains and tiredness. I won't miss those" I declare.

"You won't cry after accidentally hitting the terribly evil black ant now will you?" His smile deepens.

"Or run from my own husband Cox his favorite perfume is killing me slowly" I add for fun.

"You have really suffered" he nods, kissing the back of my hand again. I just feel so incredibly cool when he does that. The cooling sensation is spreading in my chest area...

So I smiled at him. And he smiled back.

That's when the family came in together with the salam.

Momsie is holding the child and she is coming towards me as if to give him to me.

My heart began to beat in thousands and zeros and I stared at Zain through panicked eyes. I am just so nervous to meet him!