20: Overt conclusion

ZAIN's POV

I shouldn't have kissed her.

Now she has closed off herself completely.

She refused to greet me good morning and pretended to be asleep when I entered her room.

I thought of waking her up with ingenious ideas.

But I declined such a thing.

If she wants space, I'll just have to show her I can be that thoughtful.

I excused her lack of attendance during breakfast. And when I came home and found her pouting with annoyance that Marmie has made her dress up for me again, I ignored her too.

Until it's nighttime and I just don't understand why I am suffering alone.

So I made up my mind to stop the mind tricks and speak to her.

Heart to heart for once.

I found her in her theatre room playing with her computer.

I am pretty sure she is not up to any good seeing as she quickly shut everything down when I walked in.

As I stare at her, I have to praise Allah for beautifying Mira the way only I can see it.

And then I am remembering the investigation on Jas. The guy I placed on her trail had some very good intel. The file is placed in my office cabinet because I am not prepared to face the outcome.

I don't want to believe that I have finally given her what she desired most.

To ruin her life.

Maybe I will go through it tomorrow. Maybe having a personal connection with her isn't very wise.

Mira is the only girl who makes me feel as if losing Jas isn't such a big deal.

If I like them both, then I'll definitely choose my wife.

Whatever Jas did, was her own decision to make.

Mira smiles in that cheeky way she does when she is trying to hide something.

"You are back!" Her voice is high pitched.

I stare at the wifi pineapple, LAN turtle, all these hacker tools she has plugged to her computer. I am quite sure she has alot more disguised as a flash drive or hidden underneath the giant obviously non workable printer on the side.

How did she afford it?

She hasn't touched her bank account and my ten million is still missing.

I decide she is uncomfortable enough. So I walk back to her living room and sit on one of the chairs.

It's smelling like a humrah factory as usual.

When she walks out, she isn't wearing a hijab today. Whether she forgot or not, I am not sure.

She comes to sit too.

"Welcome home Zain. How is work?" She asks for the first time in forever.

I shrug. "Work is fine. We had to wave off a security breach. One of our employees has no idea about our monitoring programs and we detected him trying to syphon confidential data. Hopefully, he is already behind bars" I state coldly.

Her frown seems to say something about her thoughts.

"Go on. Tell me I am cruel" I allow.

"You are not cruel actually. He deserves to go to jail" she shrugs diantily.

"Mira, in one sentence, what do you think of me?" I ask.

She seems preoccupied with playing with the yard on her chair.