54:

Hoor's POV

Santa Monica is only a few miles from Los Angeles. So I have also rented an apartment on the seaside area overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

It's a city that feels alive to me. It's one of those big city areas that appeal to the high end urban life and still satisfies the love of nature.

Anyways, I went to buy food at a restaurant nearby and just when I was about to cross the streets to the skyscraper that houses my apartment, someone stops me by putting their hands on me.

Panicking, my first instinct is to kick them with my heels and run off.

But the guy steps away from the dangerous area of my peep toe platform heels and deftly catches the bag of food that is almost flying away from my hand because of my abrupt motion.

My eyes widen and I hastened to look at my attacker just to see if I can somehow shirk him off me. My eyes lands on Hamid Sarki and the curse that escapes my mouth is nothing but vulgar.

He grins, seeing my furious expression and winks in that familiar way I hated with all of my heart.

"How. Dare. You!" I fumed, jerking my hands away from him.

He doesn't seem perturbed. In fact, he steps away, opening his hands wide to emphasize his towering height as if to say 'I mean you no harm'. And then his expression turns a little serious when he says "You deserved it Noor. Seriously, you just disappeared! Santa Monica is the last place I would have expected to find you!" He shakes his head tsking at me!

"What the hell do you want from me?!" I raged.

His expression sobers for a moment more and I thought he is going to say something serious. But then he opens his big mouth and says to me "you darling" and that damnable wink. God! I want to claw his eyes out of their sockets!

I am tired of running away and him finding me! Sometimes I worry he would lead me back to Barack! But his pea headed brain doesn't get any logic! His single minded zeal to pursue me whether I like it or not is not only unnerving but greatly frustrating!

"When will you get that I don't like you? When?!" I forced myself not to shout it at the top of my lungs. But it still garnered attention from onlookers and I colored visibly.

Damn you Hamid! I silently cursed.

"So it's true that redheads have a nasty temper. I swear, I can envision smoke coming out of your ears any moment!" He dares to mock me.

I froze.

How did he know I am a redhead? I could have sworn I have black hair up until I came out of my apartment a moment ago.

I struggled to maintain a bland expression. He is suddenly moving into my personal space.

"You know, I wanted to find out anything I could about you. But it's hard you understand! You kept hiding and I don't know any other way to unlock your past so we can make actual progress. You see, Noor...after you left your apartment, I bought it so I can thoroughly check it if you left any clue behind. And the dye pigment is the only thing I could glean from it. But I am satisfied to know that too. It tells me a lot about you and that I have been looking at all the wrong places" he states, his expression, open and sincere, his voice lowered as if he is telling me a secret.

I blinked away the sudden daze that befell me with an unappreciative frown. But for the life of me, I can't speak a word!

Double damn Hamid Sarki how did he know I am a red head then?!