28: Destiny writes

Mira's POV

Malam Yarima is looking like his princely self today.

He is wearing a white Babbar Riga to his dinner party. But there is no way you will mistake his giant aura.

I don't know what is the deal with his wife though. Her makeup looks honestly cheap. And despite her grand attire, it did nothing to take away from her kauyanci vibe. She is a total yar Kauye.

Amma fah she is beautiful. She is one slim bombeshell and there is no disputing it!

The dinner is a blast. All the dancing going on made me feel like jumping into the fray.

Since I am sitting opposit Zain on the table, I keep giving him pity seeking looks but he didn't budge.

You know when the Dj Is putting on a song that just makes your body start twisting on its own ko? I had a few moments like that. Zain keeps narrowing his eyes at me but I can see he is amused.

I keep pouting and blinking my eyes all pity like. And decided whoever said a girl's charm can change a guy's mind is a total liar! If anything, he looks unimpressed.

Generally though, I notice that Zain is busy frowning, acting all boss like and unapproachable. I don't even understand why. I can't count how many people are greeting him. He would smile wanly and answer with stilted deliberation. He didn't have the decency to introduce me. And he is openly rude when other people asks him if I am his wife so no one even spoke to me. But I guess he is serious about being a possessive freak.

Anyways, Zain and I went to greet Marwan's mother and she was very welcoming. When I went to meet his first wife though, she is obviously in a bad mood. She was gruff and off putting and I left the moment we greet because she seem too open that I am disturbing her peace.

Or what is left of it.

Just visiting Marwan's wife made me realize how projecting your bad mood may seem to other people. I guess there is a lesson to be learnt in every situation.

Zain and I return to Lagos the same day.

The moment I reach home, I am very tired. So I just removed my clothes and wrapped a towel around me. So I bathed and dressed in my nighties before going to bed.

I have already returned to my room. I am tired of torturing myself.

Out of sight is out of mind I am determined.

But then Zain came into my room a lot later. And he slept there on my bed. Thankfully, I was too asleep to notice.

The next morning, Zain wakes me up with gentle caresses and I instantly grew alert.

I pretended sleep for a little while but I couldn't keep up the act forever. I am thrilled to note he is no longer keeping us as separate as possible.

That morning, I am quite sure I have feelings for Zain. I can't respond to any one so badly when I don't even like them. It was beyond beautiful. And the feeling of fulfillment afterwards when I am certain he is satisfied cannot be spoken out loud.

Zain tells me he is going to work. So I asked if there is anything I can help him with. He asked me to arrange the papers he is been working on during his convalescence.