68: Rescuing the damsel

Mira's POV

I expected a confrontation. I expected tears and dramatics. Heck! I even expected lies and cover up. Anything to explain why Hoor who has perfectly natural hair is spotting a dark undergrowth that shows all that natural perfection is fake!

I can't help but wonder what else is fake. I can't reconcile her innocent face with lies. It's just so hard to believe I could be so wrong about someone! There has to be another explanation....!

So Hoor stares at me through the mirror and her eyes grew huge...then disturbed. There's no way to explain how she is looking at me. But I just know there is an alarm bell going off in her head urging her to take action.

I feel greatly apprehensive. There is just two of us in the room and I wonder if it's safe to be with her in so close quarters...

She turns to look at me. And without saying anything in her defense, she...smiled!

She freaking smiled! That very innocent smile I am used to looks so odd on her face today.

She finally sighed dramatically. "I am tired of pretending to be who I am not" she declares, using her hands to peel off some of the hair that didn't fall off yet.

"Who are you?" I asked in total bafflement, trying hard to ignore how odd she looks without all that hair.

"I am here for the key Mira" she declares simply.

"The key?" I asked with no small amount of surprise. Does that mean she wants to kill me to get it? Why didn't she kill me yet? What is she talking about?

"I see you are surprised" she noted with another sigh.

I just stared at her, watching her action and reactions...

"Don't tell me you don't know Nayel has the key now?" She asked curiously.

"Nayel?" Mira asked with a confused frown.

"Oh bother! No wonder he refused to tell you! He was not ready to tell you everything. Maybe because he wants you to get better after giving birth so soon" she seems to be saying things as fact but I am still confused.

Like what hasn't he told me? And why is she bringing Nayel into this?

I was so deep in thought that I didn't see her walk towards me until it's too late for me to put more distance between us.

My heart began to pound in my chest as I wondered what she is going to do. If she could hurt me somehow...

She held my arms though. Her hold is very tight and she seems to totally turn into steel in that split second before stating in a harsh to to me "I came for the key. So just give it to me and I will be gone in the next hour and you will never have to hear my name again" she demands.

I was going to push her away and run. But her hold is so tight and she seems to have expected I will try to do that cox the next thing I know is that someone else is walking into the bathroom. Abig guy with a big gun sealing the only way out. The door!

"We are going to take Momsie, Umar and Huzaifah as hostages. You better give us the key or the consequences..." she threatened in my ear. A disturbing sound escapes her lips as she says "you don't want to know the consequences"

"I don't know where the key is" I swore.

Hoor let go of my hands and her frown deepens, still radiating off her innocent looking face.

"The hard way then!" She promised just as the guy behind threw her a bag.

I turned to look for a way out but realized that the man is holding a big gun to me, daring me to make a False Move!