16: Duende

Mira's POV

I decide to start with the securities. Once I established my power by taming them, it will be easier to tame the maids.

How will I do it?

Zain never ever lives with people who show the slightest disloyalty to him.

So I am going to use that to eliminate all the ones who are going to give me trouble.

Once everything is over, they would have proved their loyalty to Zain and bringing them back wouldn't be an issue.

So I made a list. All their names are in it. And the way I see it, his chief of staff is bullheaded. Former military, loyal as a dog and twice as stubborn.

I would never be able to get through to him.

Once he goes, I'll see if I can get Yola, one of the securities who seems to love money a lot, to replace him.

Zain can agree because once he knows his motive, he would not trust him. But he will trust his love for money.

So I also made a list of the maids too. And I soon found out that the numbers on their uniforms is what the recognition software scans to let them through the many doors in the house. It has a sort of unique code the cameras scan. One would think the camera is scanning their faces alone! I wouldn't be surprised if he also did something to the uniforms to be able to track them down anytime he wished!

He is that controlling!

The main issue though, is this, I am not good enough to successfully hack into Zain's router or wifi. And I am not confident he would allow me to use footprints without some kind of a defense. But because I am not going to go down without a fight, I put the advantages and disadvantages side by side.

I ask myself what I can do.

There are a lot of ways to hack into a system. One can use keyloggers, phishing, mobile app Trojans or even sim swapping to actually steal passwords and information necessary to gain access so you can change the settings or steal something.

I highly doubt it would work with Zain. For one, I am still an amateur hacker. I just happen to have a lot of understanding of binaries and codes.

I am a part of this house so getting the password or gaining access to router information will be very easy for me. In fact, I can gain easy access to the command center in our security room. Where I can manipulate everything without much stress.

So my only issue is with the security feeds.

If I can find a way to manipulate the feeds without getting caught, I will consider it a great success.

Once I can walk in and out of this house without being detected, it will be easy for me to sneak away unnoticed.

I feel bad for the things I am doing because it became apparent that I can not get away with everything without threatening or ruining some people.

I have already targeted the chief of staff as well as the head maid of the house.

They are too loyal to Zain and I can only succeed in doing what I want without them breathing down my neck.

So what I did is not target my aim directly.

I targeted the head of security first. A guy named Mr Bali.