74: Anhedonia 1

Mira's POV

So we kinda stayed at a hotel where Zain quietly paid for a room with separate beds. I can hear him playing with Nayel all through the night. They didn't sleep much. But I have a lot on my mind that it took me so long to fall asleep. And even then, I can't stop dreaming of these shocking events past.

Two months earlier

The CCTV footage shows Zain falling from the building and hitting a speeding lorry that came out of nowhere. Another car was coming out from the other side, almost hitting the lorry which hits on the brakes, the force of the abrupt stop pushes Zain off the vehicle and it's only Allah's grace that has him falling off the side with no permanent damage whatsoever! A miracle no one can explain, that's for sure!

As if that was not enough trauma, overhearing my own father speaking about Zain's accident as if it were premeditated would definitely put anyone outta sorts!

But I did.

At first I didn't understand it. Cox Baba Mufeed has a way of privatizing his work life and he never quite mixes family time with work. But that gets me remembering all that time growing up. Despite him being a good father, I noticed Marmie is sometimes sad and helpless when it comes to his work. And she never quite trusts his nightly extensions for any reason whatsoever. I used to think Marmie has trust issues you know? Later, I wondered if she was just jealous by nature and she didn't want her husband to stray or something. Anyways, Momsie is the stable one when it comes a sound relationship. I have never seen her fight with Baba Mufeed unless there is sweetness to it...

Anyways, someone like my father, so private, cannot just start talking about sensitive stuff at home where he knows I can hear him. Or someone else too.

I was just back from the hospital and the doctor is still stopping us from seeing Zain. And I was so drained that Momsie forced me to come home and take a bath before going back.

Even at that point, I couldn't speak to anyone because my heart is pained. So pained I can't seem to move my lips cox I am afraid I would fall apart.

Now hearing my own father speak about the accident gets me so curious. I wondered a lot if he did want me to hear him speak and I toyed with the idea still wondering why he would want it!

If accidentally overhearing him did any good, it's that the situation breathed a zest of life within me as my curiosity flared brightly.

I considered letting it go as if I didn't hear anything just to force myself to forget I ever heard it in the first place. Avoid the trauma, be in denial...I told myself.

But I couldn't. This is Zain! The father of my baby! Love of my life duh! I can't just let it go.

So I braved up a few courageous words and confronted my father for once in my life.

It's one of those moments when your heart is beating so powerfully and you are so afraid of the consequences. Despite everything, he is my father and first of all, I respect him a lot no matter what he would do! At least I thought so.

At first, when he heard me confront him, he went quite blank. Like he didn't know what to say to me. Like he is considering denying the claim or just coming out with it. At least that is what I thought people look like when they look at you like that!

 Zain's choice ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara