57: A seal of fate 3

Mira's POV

Finding Hoor proves to be easier than I thought. I would have uselessly watched as she was taken by her most feared adversary. But Zain came to the rescue. Hoor said his men had laid an ambush and they actually succeeded in making Barack draw out his gun which had succinctly led to his arrest.

Maybe Zain was hoping he would come for Hoor so he can find a way to put him in prison. And I know he will be in prison soon. Zain will make sure of it.

The only good thing that came out of the entire ordeal is that Hoor seems to have a wealth of confidence in our ability to protect her. She can't stop talking about how cool Zain is and that she totally understands how he would get rich protecting other people.

"They were so organized and I can smell fear from Barack. My heart Mira! You need to see his intimidated eyes!  They have some real deadly weapons that my fear is only limited by Barack's defeat!" She was explaining.

Momsie and I would smile whenever she gushes on about it.

"Wait till I tell Umar. I am sure he will be more excited than you two!" She exasperates.

"Don't forget to include Huzaifah. Anything weapon-eish make him so crazy!" I advised. Hoor merely rolls her eyes.

I finally sent Zain a thank you message which I told him is forwarded from Hoor who had verbally communicated her need to let him know how eternally grateful she is for his help.

"Tell him I feel like VIP. That for once since my brother died, I feel as if my life really matters and there are people who would spare no expense to see I am unharmed" Hoor super exaggerated. Or so I thought.

I try to hide my smile as I sent the silly message over. I can just imagine what Zain will be thinking.

He would definitely think she is being dramatic. That is if he didn't think she is wasting his precious time by indulging in past events. And of course, he would feel as if she is taking it all a little too personally.

Arresting Barack is one of his goals I am sure. After what he had done to him, I am certain he would get back at him in some way.

Zain is the type of guy that hates to appear weak especially where he knows he is super strong. It wouldn't make sense to him to just let bygones be bygones just like that. Forget ethics. The only rule that used to matter to him is the balance rule. Tit for Tat. I thank Allah he has changed from that meanie in the past. Otherwise it would have gotten bloodier with Barack and even Laziz.

I wonder what attack Laziz is suffering from as a result of his carelessness.

Anyways, Hamid got a whiff of the incidence and he came calling the very next day.

Momsie welcomed him as Zain's friend. Hoor refuses to leave my room so I decided to speak to him first.

Momsie went out to Mamie's place as I was speaking to Hamid Sarki.

"Tell her to come out now" he commanded which merely got me rolling my eyes.

"Baba Hamid chillax kaji?" I mock him.

Instead of frowning, the guy smiles. "Yauwa diyatah go and call Noor for me don Allah" he pleads with an indulgent smile.

"She doesn't wanna see you" I reply.

"She owes me Mira kuma wallahi she must pay" he swore.

"Tofah! What does she owe you?" I ask him.