21: Counterpoint hair trigger

Hassa's POV

"Out! Don't ever come back here!" Ya Sa'ah rages.

No one tries to stop her. They all believe I killed their father. They all blame me. They are disgusted by me! As if the sins of the flesh are the most grievous sins on earth!

My brother has been dead for only a month. But look at how his family is treating me!

I rented a hotel room and stayed for a week.

I have started smoking now. The tension is too much for me. I am breaking down. I feel disconnected to my soul somehow. As if I can't feel anything anymore. Except flashes of anger here and there.

And those emotions ripple like venom in my chest!

The anger, the frustration...

The more I think about it, the more I am likely to blame Zain, the more angry I get.

He isn't completely at fault. Yet blaming myself is something I cannot cope with. It's like accepting I killed my dear brother...

No. If not for his callous disregard, my brother will still be alive!

This foreign emotion, the hate, it's like a giant broil in my chest, frying my heart.

So I keep thinking of what I will do to take my vengeance when I had a call from an anonymous girl.

"Hafsah Farouk Bulama!" The other girl calls.

"Hey. Who the hell are you?" I ask impatiently.

"Someone who wants the same thing as you do" she replies confidently.

Now if that isn't intriguing, I don't know what is!

Firmly hooked, I ask curiously "and that is?"

"To make Zain King suffer an eternal misery!" She declares.

An admirable girl, this one...

"Who the hell are you though?" I ask with a frown.

"You don't need my name. But you need my help" she stated. That damnable confidence...where does she get it from? I wonder.

"How do you think you can help me?" I ask.

"By telling you what will cripple him!" She suggests.

"And that is?" I sound skeptical.

"Take away his company. His livelihood. He will be nothing!" She proclaims.

"That's just mean" I hide a smile.

"But true" she reminds.

"I am not that strong. Zain is an iron master. He is revered for the tight control he keeps in the running of the company. Whoever you are, you are crazy if you think you can bring his company down" I state quite snidely.

"Not the company. But him! Companies go on even without their leaders. What you need is a little help to have him ousted out" she advised.

"And what will that be?" I inquire curious now.

"I have good intel that Zain is the hacker T:wic who is behind all those legendary feats in his company. He hides his identity to be able to fool people and protect himself" she explains.

" But how is that supposed to help me?" I ask.

"It means, without Zain, the company will not do as well as it now does. And without his IQ and power of perception, he would not be a hacker. King co. Does not need a dumb president" she shrewdly points out.