77: A quiet ending 2

Zain's POV

"Just take a flight today" Moha exasperates.

I realized he is standing over my head looking at what I am texting.

"Hey! I don't need no snooping" I reprimanded.

He goes back and sits down. "I'll never have your attention until you see Mira. Just bring her over to Newyork buddy. Your mind will be more at ease and when you are doing better, king co does better and when king co does better, Moha definitely does a whole lot better" he smiles after uttering the last sentence before raising a brow as if to ask 'yea?'

"Next week" I maintained.

Moha doesn't seem pleased. He is always seeing my attachment to Mira as a flaw. Sometimes, he gives me pitying looks I hate a lot. But then I'll consider the times when I give him pitying looks because he has never known calmness and satisfaction that can only come from love and togetherness.

Family.

I shake it off, trying not to think of Mira. Which is an impossible feat. Sometimes, I'll just close my eyes, envisioning our moments before, her easy smiles, her seductive temptation...that yauki energy that seamlessly blends in with her dark and sultry reactions.. the way she uses her curves absently while she walked, talked or just went around doing stuff any ordinary wife will do...

I miss the feel of her warmth around me and the way her eyes will dilate when she thinks I am being sexy...

I miss the way she used to touch me, as if there is a fever in her blood and it's burning her from the inside out...

"Damn you! Just go!" It's Moha again!

I don't even know why he is not leaving my office yet.

I ignored him of course and he left because he couldn't watch me anymore which is also good for me cox I went to the sofa in my office and lied down so I can properly close my eyes and daydream some more about all the things I am missing so badly.

The next day, Moha sent me a message that our partners from New Mexico have arrived early and I had to forgo breakfast so I can get there in time.

The moment I entered the car and the AC was switched in by Blazer, we both lost consciousness and my last thought is 'what the...!'

When I woke up, I am lying in a bed but it's dark in the room so I can't even see properly.

My head feels heavy and I can feel sharp pinpricks of pain from some parts of it.

I groaned, trying to remember the duah to say at this point in my life.

I feel so weak as well so I am trying to clear my head and get up when the door is pushed open from some angle of the room I can't pinpoint. Light streamed into the room and to my surprise, I smelled Mira's perfume as she walks in carrying a tray.

I closed my eyes, pretending to still be asleep or unconscious. Whatever..

I can hear her sitting on the bed as she placed the tray on the side table. I can hear her move before I feel her hands on my forehead.

"No fever" she whispered with a sigh.

A few beats of silence and I hear her going around the room before I felt a burst of light through my closed lids. She has switched on the bulb...