29: Wrapping up

Ali's POV

As soon as I reach home, I began to pack my things in my bag.

I cleared everything out.

Mom and I are celebrating our victory in low tones.

"You must go back to that boka and ask him to close his mouth too. That way, you can do whatever you like with his money and there will be no consequences!" Mom is advising me.

I nod. "Of course I will do it. Let me just get my hands on some of his money first. Once we pay the bills we have accrued to make all of this work, we can quickly start spending!" I am so excited!

We keep making thorough plans because mom doesn't want me to make mistakes this time around.

After a few days, we heard that Mira is back in her father's house!

Wai! Dadi kasheni!

I am so happy I want to just float away on cloud nine.

Finally, my vengeance is complete.

I heard that Hassa is dead. People are saying it's a cocaine overdose that had claimed her life.

I know better.

I was the one who asked the boka to kill her for me.

Anyways, the only women in Zain's life were Hassa and Mira.

Now both of them are gone!

Good riddance to bad rubbish ai! Now it's my turn to shine!

I keep waiting to hear why Mira is home. But no one knows.

Baba Mufeed is claiming that Zain did not divorce Mira. So Pops is asking him to return her to her husband's house.

It's getting a little complicated as Baba Mufeed is saying he will never return her. He wants Zain to divorce his daughter. And he wants him to divorce her for life!

I think Baba Mufeed is angry. No one has ever seen the jovial uncle so angry before.

Yet, he is even talking back at Pops.

Pappy says they should just leave him so he could do whatever he wants to do with his daughter.

Pops is not agreeing oo.

So much tension is rising in the family.

So they set a date for a meeting with Zain and everyone.

They are going to get to the bottom of the matter. They want to see if the marriage can be salvaged since Zain did not issue a divorce.

I am so happy. If Zain comes, he will realize I am the only woman he can actually like. And he would soon come to marry me.

One week later, the meeting happened. And Zain honored their request of him to come.

They shouted and cussed for over an hour. And then Zain is coming out of the room looking as angry as a bull.

Surprisingly, he walks right past me.

I couldn't believe it!

I followed him to his car, wanting to see if I try consoling him, will he recognize me?

But when I reach his car, he has already started it.

He zaps his car away and almost hit me in the process.

Me I am not understanding anything.

Maybe it's because he is so angry.

I went and told mom. So mom says I should prepare and go to meet him in his guest house. I didn't even know he has a guest house.