71: Poor daddy

Marmie's POV

"Have you called Mira recently?" Baba Mufeed asks in a caring tone.

"Yes. I did. Is something wrong?" I asked, wondering why he looks like he is waiting for me to say something else.

"You don't talk about her much these days. All you talk about now is about Eman's wedding and the upcoming award ceremony for Zain" he points out, directly avoiding the main issue.

"Well, Eman's wedding is such a boost! And the upcoming award is obviously a big deal! Mira is too happy. There is nothing to talk about anymore. She is content in her home. No more issues. Her baby is busy stealing hearts left right and center and they are gaining so much attention already with her newest instagram account. She is feeling herself like she is a hot shot celebrity now" I roll my eyes dramatically to hide the amount of happiness bubbling inside me when I remember the peace between Mira and Zain. I swear Zain has never looked more robust and so full of life. His pride has returned tenfold and he is taking the world by storm.

My sweetheart merely smiled when he heard all of my words.

But still, I called Momsie afterwards and I was asking her if she heard anything worrying from Mira's end.

"Mira that is busy planning this exaggerated award ceremony? I don't think so" she replied.

"Mufeed is behaving strangely. Though he also speaks to her on the phone, he is looking like something is wrong somehow" I tell her.

"Looks can be deceiving. Maybe we should send her the boy squad so they can bring us any anomalies. I never stop worrying about those two. It's always one thing or the other and their happiness is a bit too glaring don't you think?" Momsie asks suspiciously.

"Now that you said it, I swear they are too obvious in their happiness. But let's not make a mountain out of a molehill Momsie. Let's first send the boys and see" I suggested.

"Okay. Let's do it" Momsie agreed.

Momsie's POV

"Oya! I have tickets to Lagos! Who wants to go?" I announced as soon as I enter my living room. All the boys are together watching wrestling.

I have never seen anyone turn down an invitation to visit Zain's house and this time is not any different.

Everyone is busy saying me. So I said "prepare your bags in one hour. The plane takes off by two!"

And the wrestling match forgotten, they all prepared their traveling bags in thirty minutes flat! Even major.

I laughed at their enthusiasm and so I asked my driver to take them to the airport.

I am hoping for good news when they come back.

They spent a week in Lagos and so they returned immediately after the week is up since I bought them all a round ticket.

No matter how I asked, they all seem to think that Mira is totally doing great.

"She is a bit thin for her normal weight but ya Mira is still slaying oo. Momsie she looks more than fine" Huzaifah is the one saying this.

"What about my dear grandchild?" I ask.

"Oh! He is a bundle of joy as usual! Come and see the pics we have had!" Umar began to show me the newest pictures of Nayel. Even the ones they took with Mira.

Merely looking, I can't tell if there could be anything wrong. Indeed, she looks thinner. But that's probably because she gave birth only a few months ago and she is losing the fat she had carried during her pregnancy.