|Dance With Somebody|

__________Alaska walked into school the next week,a spring in her step and a cup of coffee in her hand

She made her way into the choir room,noticing all the glum faces of everybody in the room,

Her smile faltered as she made her way to sit next to Blaine.

"What's going on?"She asked him,only getting a shrug in return.

Before Alaska could continue,Mercedes found her voice.

"It was written for Diana Ross"she argued with Rachel ,poor Artie sitting in the middle of there argument.

"No Mercedes,you are wrong okay?The BodyGuard was originally written for Barbra Streisand."Rachel argued back,pointing her finger in her face.

"Actually,Rachel it was supposed to be Diana Ross and Steve McQueen back in the '70."Mr Schue told the class,walking in the side door,hearing only part of there argument.

"Thank you Mr Schue"Mercedes thanked him,smirking at Rachel.

"I've been doing some research to prepare for this weeks lesson"He told the class,grabbing his whiteboard marker and writing the theme on the board.

WHITNEY

"Oh my god yes"Alaska exclaimed,Whitney was one of her all time favourite stars.

"It's about time we did a Whitney tribute!"Mike said,his girlfriend Tina clapping .

"Are we sure that's appropriate?"Sam asked Mercedes looking at him as if he had grown three heads.

"You did not just ask that"

"I just mean,didn't Whitney kind of have a lot of problems "he mumbled,his face full of confusion.

"She had a hard life,Sam.And?"Mercedes asked him,looking at him over her shoulder.

"Look this week isn't about passing judgment on Whitney"Mr Schue interrupted,walking towards the students.

"It's about celebrating her legacy"Alaska interrupted,Mr Schue smiling at her.

"Honouring her memory,her accomplishments."The teacher carried on,

"Which I will happily list for you"he told them,grabbing the chair from the piano and taking a seat.

Just as Kurt was about to speak up,Mr Schue cut him off.

"But I also want you guys to use her songs to get underneath your own feelings."

"To express and explore what's really going on with you"he carried on further.

"I don't get it Mr Schue"Finn told him.

"What's really going on with us?"Finn asked,shrugging his shoulders.

"Well for most of you,these next few weeks will be your last here at McKinley."Mr Schue expressed,a sad frown making its home to his face,