|The Break Up|

|~

|~.**.~|

__________Alaska sat in the McKinley High School cafeteria,taking a bit out of the green apple that was in her hand,watching her friend Marley Rose look at  something on a red card.

"Are you going to tell me what your doing!"Alaska inquired,throwing the core of the apple down on her tray and grabbing her water bottle.

Marley looked up at her,shaking her head before she went back to whatever she was doing.

All of a sudden Alaska's eyebrows scrunched up as her friend stuffed the papers into her pocket,Jake puckerman walking over to the duo,taking a seat next to Marley.

"Too late.I already saw them"He spoke,Alaska smiling at him as a greeting.

"Saw what?"Marley asked back,looking up to meet his eyes.

"Your free lunch tickets"Jake retorted back,Alaska's eyes softening ,knowing that Marley did not want her friend to know .

"Sucks being poor"Jake quipped ,Alaska raising her eyebrows at him,a scowl prominent on her face as she looked at him.

"Got a problem with being poor?"Alaska asked,crossing her arms over her chest.

Just as Alaska was going to say something again,Jake pulled out the same red papers out of his pocket,Alaska instantly regretting her words.

"Before the recession,my mom was a real estate agent.Solid middle class.Now she's the only black waitress working at the Lima Country Club,taking orders from a bunch of rich old white figs who barely tip"Jake explained as he looked back down at the table.

"And it kills me,she's working extra shifts to pay for my dance lessons"Jake continued,Alaska instantly snapping her eyes up to meet his presence.

"Wait....you dance?"Alaska asked,tightening her high ponytail.

"Let's just keep that between us"Jake whispered to the two girls who nodded.

Hearing her phone buzz in her pocket,Alaska pulled it out,seeing Blaines name pop up on the screen.

Come sit at our table,
leave the two to flirt
Blaine-

Fine,there a pretty darn
couple though
Alaska-

"Blaine wants to speak to me so I'll see you two later"Alaska spoke,grabbing her backpack and swinging it over her shoulder as she began walking over to her best friends table.

Marley murmured a goodbye whilst Jake just nodded his head.Alaska sat down at the table,taking the empty seat on the round table next to Bliane,resting her head in her palm.

"Oh....young love"Brittany spoke,Alaska shaking her head.

"Is that all you called me over for?"Alaska asked as she looked the the blonde and gelled haired boy.