Chapter 3

-Late January 2019-

-Olivia got in the cast-
-The cast is in Utah-
-Ethan and Olivia are doing distance dating. Olivia in Utah, and Ethan in California.-
-The whole cast are in a room to meet each other, an icebreaker-

Olivia's POV

"Bye mom! I'll call you when I need a ride." I said while I got out of the car. It's the first time I'm going to meet the whole cast, and I'm really nervous. But I'm exited. It's a new beginning. And Ethan was right, I did get up getting a callback, even though I kept telling him to stop jinxing it. He is really supportive.

"Olivia!" I heard Tim said as I opened the door to the building.

"Hi!" I said with a huge smile. 

"We were waiting for you, go ahead to the room over there, everyone is in now. This is just for the cast to get to know you and for you to get to know your new cast mates." He told me with a soft smile.

"Okay!" I responded, the closer I got, the more anxious I got.

Josh's POV

I'm with the cast right now, we're scrolling through our phones. I look around the room, I've seen Sofia before, she's the only familiar face I know. I'm kinda shy about this, but it's an icebreaker so......

I hear the door open and I turn my head towards it, then I see Olivia. She's here!

"Hey guys!" She says scamming the room for a familiar face. I just wave at her with a smile. I'm 100 percent sure the smile makes me look like a doofus. She sat down between me and Sofia. I congratulated her on getting the role, then Tim came in the room.

"Hey everyone! As you guys were told before this is an icebreaker, there are some games in those tables over there, and Josh brought his guitar so you guys can all jam to something. I will say that I need your phones." He said walking around with a basket. "Okay, this is going to last 8 hours starting now, we will order Chick-fil-A at 2 for everyone, there is a bathroom over there, and lastly, this room will be locked. Have fun!" He said leaving. The room was silent for a few seconds before Sofia started talking.

"Well, we have 8 hours to get to know each other! Let's start! What if we introduce ourselves?" She asked, everyone nodded. "Okay, I'll start! My name is Sofia Wylie, I love dancing and acting, I have 1 sister named Isabella, and I have a Yorkie! Who's next?"

"I'll go, my name is Matt Cornett, I love acting, I play the guitar, I have a girlfriend, her name is Brookelynn, and I have a Husky. Who's up?"

"Me! My name is Julia Lester, I love singing, my favorite artist is Sara Bareilles, I'm a Jew, and I memorized the names of 46 presidents of the country, So yeah." She said and everyone laughed.

"Hi, My name is Larry Saperstein, I love tap dancing, I love acting, I'm also a Jew, I graduated from Pace university, and I have a donkey!"

"Hi I'm Frankie Rodriguez, I love acting, I hate sushi, and Beyonce rules." We all laughed at that.

It's my turn to talk, I don't know why I'm nervous but I am. Everyone seems so cool.

"Hey, I love music and acting, I was home schooled, I currently play 7 instruments, I have 5 sisters, ummm I have a dog named Woody, aannnnnnnd I just realized I didn't say my name. I'm Josh...ua... Bassett. Who's next?" 

"Hahaha, I'll go! Hi, My name is Olivia Rodrigo, I love music and acting as well, Taylor Swift is my idol, I have a boyfiend and his name is Ethan, we love spending time at the beach, and unlike this guy over here," She said nudging me. "I am an only child."

"Hi I'm Dara Renee! I love singing and acting just like all of y'all, ummm I grew up in Baltimore, I have a dog,  and I live with my mom."

Everyone was done introducing and the room went silent again. I couldn't stand silence so I asked everyone if they knew how to play spicy Uno.  They had no idea what I was talking about, so I explained it to them, they definitely wanted to play. We had a great time, we played spicy Uno about 5 times, then we played Jenga, and the we just talked among each other.

 Me and Olivia started about Seven Nation Army and Under Pressure, arguing on which is more iconic. My stuttering would show from here to there, as always. Getting to know her is so cool! I've finally found someone who likes to talk about songwriting and singing. 

Eight hours passed like 30 minutes. Today was full of laughter, and joy. I'm worried about my feelings, I can't keep them to myself. I try, really, but I just don't seem to succeed in hiding them. So I got my guitar and started playing random chords, until I had a very nice chord progression.

You make me nervous more than I care to admit
When I'm around you, I forget my name
And so I tell myself the best is yet to come

Counting down the never-ending days 

The words came out of my mouth without even thinking about it.

We'll be best friends, lovers on the side
You and occasionally I
We can be more than what we are now
I've got feelings I can't hide
You make me laugh 'til I cry
So let's skip to the good part

I finished the song, and laid on my bed, the cast exchanged numbers, and we made 3 group chats, one where everyone was in, one only for girls, and the other one was only for guys. They were all talking about hamsters, I wanted to join in but I also wanted time to myself, so I turned off my phone and focused on writing more songs. They all sucked though. The only one I truly liked was the first one I did, I called it 'Best friends, lovers on the side.' 

Who knows, maybe we will end up as best friends, lovers on the side.