Chapter 68

-January 2020-
-Right after last chapter-

Josh's POV:

"Alyssa! How are you?" I asked her, through the phone.

"I'm fine, Josh. Thanks for asking." She answered. "I was calling you because I need a favor. I know it's kind of disrespectful since we haven't talked in a while-" She ranted, but I 

"No worries, it's okay. What do you need?" I asked her.

"I need a ride to Park City. The weather is beautiful and the snow is just perfect today. I understand if you can't help me. I just don't know anyone who will wait for me while I take the pictures." She explained.

"Sure, I can give you a hand." I smiled. After a few minutes I arrived at her house.

"Hey." I smiled, watching her get in the car.

"Hi." She shyly spoke up.

"Hey, um... listen, yesterday at the Cafe-" I started.

"Josh, it's-" She cut me out.

"No, wait. I know we sort of agreed that we were going to wait for each other back in 2018." I reminded her.

"We didn't really agree to that. I understand, it's been more than a year and you've moved on. I have too." She smiled. I nodded and smiled back at her.

"I just wanted to make sure we were good on that." I answered, relieved.

"Yeah. We're good." She grinned. That grin brought back so many memories.

"Remember that time we had to clean the leafs out of your parent's yard and I drowned you in them." I laughed, starting the engine.

"Oh yeah! And then I threw you in and a frog jumped on you." She laughed.

"Yes! I remember that! It was gross and scary." I chuckled. I felt my phone vibrate a few times. I couldn't answer it because I was driving, but I was sure Liv was the one texting me.

"Or that time we we're at your sister's house and you jumped from the roof to the pool." She laughed.

"That was painful! The water burned my skin!" I pointed out.

"That was the funny part!" She laughed. "You kept on pretending you were tough but we all knew that hurt like heck."

"Well, yeah. I was the only guy there. I felt the need to act tough." I laughed. After a few more memories, we arrived to a steep mountain. I went with her, mainly because I wanted to see how she took pictures.

"Your shoes aren't exactly winter shoes." I chuckled, while we walked up the mountain.

"What do you expect, I'm from California." She laughed.

"But you've been to New York long enough." I noted. She laughed and nearly slipped. I held her waist to keep her balanced. "You okay there?" I laughed. I didn't realize how close we were, I guess she didn't either. I wasn't weird at all to be honest. It was the way it was before we even dated.

"Yeah, sorry." She laughed.

"Here, let me help you." I held out my hand for her. She gladly accepted it and we slowly walked up the mountain.

"The view is amazing." She looked around once we reached the top.

"Yeah, I've never been on top of a mountain like this." I turned to look at the beautiful trees covered in snow. My phone was blowing up with messages. "Excuse me a second." I walked a few steps away. She nodded and walked around, taking pictures.