Chapter 43

-July 2019-
-A week after last chapter-

Olivia's POV:

I hadn't had the chance to talk to my friends that aren't the cast because of how busy I've been this week, but filming is over. So I can go back to LA and be with them. I'm very sentimental about the show ending, we're like a family, and it feel like we're going our separate ways. I'm still hopeful about the show getting a season 2, but right now we still haven't heard the news.

"Promise me we'll meet after we land in LA." Josh pouted. We're at the airport.

"Yes! For like the 30th time!" I laughed. I was going on a plane and he was driving to LA.

"Okay." He answered, just as my flight was called. "I love you." He hugged me. We couldn't kiss because there could be paparazzi anywhere.

"I love you too. I'll see you in a couple of hours." I smiled.

"Bye, Mrs. Rodrigo." He smiled before he started walking away. My mom wasn't exactly thrilled of the idea of Josh and I dating because of him being an adult and me still technically being a child, but from what she'd seen from Josh he was very charismatic and polite so the thought of age gap wasn't as concerning.

"You guys are so dramatic." My mom laughed. "It's a 2 hour flight! You're going to see each other afterwards!" She laughed.

"Well... yeah." I laughed as well.

- • • • -

"Madi!" I yelled, running to hug her. " I missed you so much!"

"Same!" She smiled. "Hi, mom!" Madi smiled, hugging my mom as well. We're basically family, so I call her mom 'mom' like she calls my mom 'mom' too. "I have plans for us!" She smiled, helping me with my bags.

"Yay! I have tea for us!" I exclaimed in the same high pitched voice she talked.

"Liv, you know I don't like tea, or coffee, or orange juice." She rolled her eyes.

"Girl, I'm talking about the drama type of 'tea'." I laughed.

"OH! Then, what are you doing? Spill it sis!" She said in a funny voice, making me crack up.

I told her everything. She was shocked that I was dating Josh and she thought it was some kind of prank but I showed her pictures and videos of us and she was still shocked.

"Girl, he is hot." She laughed.

"Yep." I smiled proudly. "He's also kind, talented, respectful-" She stopped me.

"Don't. You're going to babble about him if I don't stop you." She laughed.

"Yeah, you're right." I agreed, laughing as well.

Joshy

Josh:

My family wants to meet you :D

You:

Okay!
I'm with Madi right now, I can go for dinner :)

Josh:

Alright, see you then
I love you

You:

I love you more😘

Josh:

Impossible.

Okay, does he have me drooling over him? Yes.

"Do you think you guys will last?" Madi asked me. I haven't really put much thought to that.

"Yeah?" I answered, insecure.

"I don't want him to hurt you." She hugged me. "You know how young people date and sometimes it doesn't work out."

"I know that." I answered thinking about the chances of us not working out. I mean... what do we know about love?

Josh's Pov:

The first thing I did was put my bags away, take a shower and go to my parent's house. Everyone was there to celebrate the ending of the show and me coming back, but really we were all going to mock each other.

"Dad!" I hugged him, when I pulled over at their house.

"Hey son!" He hugged me back. "The family is inside." He said, motioning me to go in.

"It feel like I haven't been in this house for ages!" I exclaimed, walking to the living room. Everything is exactly the same since the last time I visited.

"There he is! The one and only Jojo Basket!" Winter exclaimed. She gave me the nickname Jojo when I was a baby because of a song my musical theater group used to play. She could've sworn it said 'Doctor Jojo' so she decided to give me that nickname. Basket is something Claire started when she was little. She couldn't say 'Bassett' for whatever reason so now we mock her saying we're the Basket family. My family is weird like that, I know, but I love them either way.

"Josh!" Claire ran up to hug me. From my 5 sisters, she the most attached to me and I'm the most attached to her. Maybe it's because we're the youngest.

"Hi!" I hugged her back. I went and hugged everyone in the family as well. After that we talked for a while. They didn't know I was dating Liv, and I was going to tell them in a while. We put a baseball game on the TV which caught our attention. We all love watching baseball but we never actually played.

"Hey guys, did you know I'm dating my co-star?" I ask, chill out. They were so stunned.

"YOU'RE DATING OLIVIA?" Claire yelled. She was the only one that kinda knew about us but I never told her we were dating.

"You're joking." Ali, my sister, laughed.

"I'm really not." I laughed.

"Are we going to meet her?" My dad asked.

"Yeah, of course. I texted her and she's coming for dinner." I smiled.

"Do you love her?" Winter asked.

"Yes." I blushed.

"Oof, seems to me like someone is crushing hard." Hannah, my other sister, added. Everyone nodded. I show them some pictures and videos from the cast, and before I knew it, it was dinner time.

Livvy:

You:
Do you need a ride?

Oliva:

Yeah
Can you pick me up? 🙃

You:

Of course

"I'm going to pick up Liv. I'll see you guys in a couple of minutes." I smiled, before I left the house. I was a little anxious about Liv meeting my family. They're a lot sometimes, they joke around most of the time and I'm not sure if Liv is used to that since she's an only child.