Chapter 12

-February 2019-

Larry's POV:

It's lunch time, and we're all in my dressing room. Everyone is so quiet.

"Hey guys, what's happening?" I asked them, they all shrugged. "Let's talk things out?" I suggested. Everyone shrugged again. "Do you guys want to play something?" I asked, but I only received another shrug from all of them. "Uh, maybe we can....." I said thinking of something to break the silence.

"I got a C on a test." Sofia said while one tear went down her cheek.

"I forgot my lines." Dara said after Sof.

"My guinea pig died." Julia said after Dara.

"I miss my girlfriend." Matt said with a sad expression on his face.

"My mom hates me." Olivia said afterwards. What happened to everyone?

"My sister is going through some crisis." Josh said quietly, but we could all hear. He doesn't like to talk about his family much.

"Frankie is sick." I added, feeling like I needed to add something to the chain of misery. "So... that was a lot. Does everyone feel better?" I asked, they all shook their heads. "Maybe jokes will cheer you guys up." I suggested. "Okay, umm....What did one traffic light say to the other?.....Stop looking! I'm changing!" I said, but they were all silent. 

"Umm, how about this one.... How do you throw a space party? You planet." I said but I got the same response as the last joke I said. "What about?.... Did you hear about the claustrophobic astronaut?-"

"He just needed a little space." Sofia said without emotion.

"Oh, you know that one.... let me try another... Why don't scientists trust atoms? Because they make up everything. Get it? because they..." I  stopped, knowing no one was laughing. 

"A man tells his doctor, "Doc, help me. I'm addicted to Twitter!"The doctor replies, "Sorry, I don't follow you ..." " I said trying to make them laugh.

"What did the left eye say to the right eye?" I asked

"Between you and me, something smells." Josh answered.

"What did the 0 say to the 8?" I ask again

"Nice belt." Liv responded.

"Okay, another one...umm.... How do you make a tissue dance?"

"Put a little boogie in it." Julia responded. "I used to tell that joke to Willow!" She said crying into my pillow. Okay, that totally didn't help.

"Uh, What do you call a magic dog?"

"A labracadabrador." Matt responded.

"I have more... um.... Did you hear about the actor who fell through the floorboards?...He was just going through a stage." 

"Larry was that supposed to be a joke?" Josh asked looking at me. At least they're listening to me.

"Why did the Oreo go to the dentist?" I ask. I'm not giving up

"Because he lost his filling." Dara said rolling her eyes. "Everyone knows that one." 

"Okay, here's one you guys don't know. How many times can you subtract 10 from 100? Once. The next time you would be subtracting 10 from 90."

"Larry, dude... that's not a joke." Matt said looking at me. 

"Well, joke's on you for taking me as your clown." I laugh "Where does Batman go to the bathroom? The batroom." I said, no one said anything.