Chapter 54

-September 2019-
-A few hours after last chapter-

Josh's POV:

I woke up up to screeching, coming from the other room. Oh, right. We're babysitting now.

"I'll get it." I yawned, when I felt Liv shift to get up.

"No, it's okay. I'm already up." She said. I nodded weakly, trying to go back to sleep. Without her warmth I couldn't sleep anymore, so I got up to see what she was doing.

"And I say that I'm through but this song's still for you

All I want is love that lasts
Is all I want too much to ask
Is it something wrong with me
All I want is a good guy
Are my expectations far too high
Try my best but what can I say
All I have is myself at the end of the day.
" She sang to Rebecca.

"You calmed her down." I whispered.

"I did it." She turned to me, then back at Rebecca.

"I'm not going to lie, watching you hold a baby is something I didn't know I needed." I hugged her from behind, supporting Rebecca with my own hands.

"I'm so tired." She leaned into my chest.

"I am too." I snuggled my face in her neck, kissing it.

"Don't." She walked away from my arms when she heard Rebecca start whining.

"But I just wanted to kiss you." I complained.

"You know she starts crying when we do." She started rocking Rebecca. I walked closer to her, noticing how Rebecca started crying louder. "Josh, get away!" She spoke harshly.

"I can help you." I offered, taking tiny steps to her.

"No, leave! You're making her cry!" She exclaimed. I was taken back, but I did as I was told and walked to her room. A few minutes later she came back, Rebecca had calmed down. I had no idea what to say to her.

"She's asleep." She murmured.

"Why are you mad?" I asked her quietly.

"I'm not." She answered, moving around some things in her room without a reason.

"You are." I mumbled, but she heard. "Can I give you a kiss?" I asked her but I heard no answer. "Can you give me a kiss?" I asked.

"No." She fixed the covers on her bed. "Just stop being so needy." She muttered.

"What?" I asked, offended.

"Stop being needy all the damn time!" She yelled at me.

"I wasn't being needy, I was just trying to help!" I answered, standing up.

"How?! Making her cry even more?! Great plan! It really worked!" She yelled walking closer to me.

"You can stop with the sarcasm!" I exclaimed, annoyed.

"You were the one who noticed she cried every time we got close, yet you still did it!" She pointed a finger at me.

"What's the matter with her crying?!" I asked, throwing my arms slightly up.

"It's loud and screechy and annoying! That's the matter!" She answered.

"I know that!" I replied.

"THEN WHY WOULD YOU ASK!?" She yelled. She was really over the top. "You know what, I'm done." She muttered, sliding into her bed. I walked out of the room and shut the door angrily. The sound of the door scared Rebecca, and started crying. Why? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

I groaned in irritation, before Liv opened the door."No, really! You're plan is just- Wow!" She walked out of her room, irritated. I turned the other way, walking to the living room. Yeah, remember when I said Rebecca's crying was cute? I definitely take that back.

.... It's been 25 minutes and Rebecca is still crying. She's probably hungry, so I made her a bottle. I was hesitant, but I made up my mind and walked into the room they were at.

"Hey, can I help you?" I asked, slowly walking over to them.

"Josh!-" She was about to yell at me.

"Please." I extended my arms. She took one long stare at me, which gave me shivers, and handed me the baby. As soon as she did, she left. 

Rebecca instantly fell asleep in my arms once she had finished the bottle. I put her in the stroller and walked back to the living room. I couldn't dare walk in Liv's room. It was chilly out in the living room since I didn't have a shirt on, but I'd rather feel this, than whatever could happen if I stepped into that room.

- · · · -

It's been 2 hours, and I can't sleep.

"Hey." Liv sat next to me. I guess she couldn't sleep either. I felt my body tense up. "No, don't do that." She interlocked our fingers together when she felt my posture and mood change. I calmed down at her touch. She knew me so well.

"I'm sorry." I apologized. "I can be really bothersome and needy." I looked down at the floor.

"I'm sorry too. I'd just woken up, and Rebecca's cries weren't helping." She slightly tugged on my chin so I could look at her. "It's cute when you're needy. Don't change that because of something I yelled. Can you forgive me?" She asked me, a few tears forming at the sides of her eyes. I nodded, pulling her in my lap.

"Don't cry." I wrapped my arms around her. "I don't like it when you cry." I rubbed her back.

"I'm just- I can be a lot sometimes, and I put the blame on you, and then you get sad about it." She cried.

"It's okay. This happens, people fight. That happens in a relationship. All we have to make sure is that we resolve the problem, okay?" I looked into her deep brown eyes

"Okay." She nodded. I kissed her tears away. When I was done she pulled my lips to hers. Something about fighting, then making it up with a kiss felt so calming.

"That's what I owed you for being such a good boyfriend." She smiled, pulling away after we were both satisfied.

"I'm all yours." I smiled at her, while she placed her head on my shoulder. We stayed that way for a little bit, until we both decided to go to bed. I am hers, and I won't changed that. I promised her forever, I'll give her forever. I'll try my hardest to make it forever.