Chapter 56

-November 2019-

Josh's POV:

Liv and I are going over to my parent's house. They wanted us to visit, and we didn't have anything to do.

"Josh!" Claire jumped to hug me when we walked to the living room.

"Hey, nugget." I hugged her back.

"Don't call me that." She pulled away, with a mad stare. I've called her nugget all her life, and she's always reminding not to call her that. I know she doesn't mean it, so I keep on bugging her.

"Okay, munchkin." I laughed.

"Or that." She rolled her eyes.

"Alright, goober." I chuckled. Claire opened her mouth to comeback, but Liv paused her.

"Claire, he is not going to stop." Liv laughed. "His competitive spirit is just too much for him to handle." She rolled her eyes, mocking me.

"Wait, what's that supposed to mean?" I asked her.

"That you're a dumbass." Claire answered. Liv nodded.

"Hey! Mom, you heard that? She called me a dumbass and Liv agreed!" I pointed at Claire then at Liv.

"Oh, come on. Get over it, man up." My dad chuckled. Everyone laughed at that.

"WAIT, LOOK!" Claire showed Liv her phone, excitingly. I took a peek, it was just an Instagram post from Taylor Swift.

"Why do you guys go so crazy over her?" I asked, annoyed. Both of them gave me a dirty look. "Okay! I'm just going to sit down." I chuckled, intimidated. I sat down to talk with my parents and my sisters. Liv and Claire went upstairs to her room. We could hear their giggles, but we couldn't hear what they were talking about.

Olivia's POV:

Claire and I talked so much about Taylor Swift, anyone could say we have an obsession, which we do.

"Is my brother treating you well?" She asked.

"Yeah, he's always a gentleman." I smiled.

"Good, cause I would slap the everything out of him if he wasn't." She joked. "Josh is dumb sometimes. He really does stupid stuff impulsively, so it's nice to know that you keep him sane." She laughed. I nodded, laughing as well.

"But what about you? Are you with someone?" I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

"Maybe." She looked away.

"And his name is?...." I tried to get it out of her.

"Parker, and he's hot." She blushed.

"Ooooh." I giggled. "Are you guys dating or is it just a crush?"

"We're dating. He's supposed to come at 4." She commented.

"It's almost 4." I pointed out. She looked at the time on her phone, then anxiously looked back at me.

"I need to get ready." She claimed.

"Are you guys going out somewhere?" I asked her.

"No, we're just going to hang out here." She answered.

"Then why are you going to get ready?" I stopped her. "You don't have to impress him. You're not going out or anything. If he doesn't like you for what you wear then he's not the one." I finished. She took some time to decide to go with what I'd said or what she thought.

"You're right." She sat back down on her bed. I smiled at her, before we both leaned back on her bed to talk about boys.

Josh's POV:

"Parker's here." Claire smiled, walking through the living room to the front door.

"Woah, what a minute. You didn't tell me he was coming." My dad crossed his arms, leaning back on his chair.

"Yeah, you didn't tell me either." I added, doing the same movements my dad did. I am super overprotective with my little sister, at least when I can be. Liv sat next to me on the couch, hugging my arm.

"We're just going to hang out." Claire explained. My dad gave her an 'I'm not buying it' look and so did I. "He's coming over with his brother." She looked at her phone.

"Alright, he can be here...If Josh is there with you guys." My dad proposed.

"Fair enough." I smiled.

"What? Why? That's going to be really awkward! No." She denied.

"Well, you guys are just going to hang out." My dad pointed out.

"Yeah, we are." She agreed.

"But his brother is also there. Is he older or younger?" My dad asked.

"He's 18." She answered.

"Yeah, no. There is no way I'm letting that happen." I stood up.

"Let what happen? We're just going to hang out." She laughed.

"With his 18 year old brother." I pointed out.

"Come on, he's not some criminal." She joked.

"I don't know him, and neither does dad, so no." I shook my head. She rolled her eyes at me.

"It's either that or nothing, Claire." My dad negotiated. 

I gave Claire an annoying smirk. "Your loverboy and his brother are waiting." I noted to her.

"Stop being annoying." Liv playfully slapped the side of my leg.

"I can't, that's my hobbie." I shrugged.

"He is not wrong." My mom chuckled.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, looking at my mom.

"What!? You're a pain in the butt sometimes!" She pointed out.

"Yeah, son." My dad laughed.

"I'm taking care of Claire." I reminded them.

"In that case, no. You're not annoying." My dad changed his mind. I rolled my eyes and sat back down. Then we heard a knock on the door. Claire agreed to what my dad said, and she walked to the door.

"It's time to go full on overprotective brother mode, Jojo." Winter snickered. I nodded in response, looking for Liv's hand to interlocked our fingers together.

"Did she tell you about Parker?" I asked Liv. She nodded. I felt Claire and someone else walk to the living room, behind the couch, where Liv and I were sitting.  Winter gave me a look; It wasn't a good one. I stood up to greet the Parker and his brother, mainly because of Winter's facial expression when they walked in. 

Oh! I guess I do know his brother. I was met by the one and only, Isaac Prince, with his obnoxious smirk. My face completely changed, giving him a rude look.

"Joshua! My guy!" He bro hugged me, but I didn't do it back.

"Isaac." I cleared my throat. "He's your brother?" I asked Parker.

"Yes. Nice to meet you, Josh!" He stuck out a hand for me to shake. I accepted it, my eyes never leaving Isaac. I bet he's still the same jerk from all those years ago.

"Who's this?" Isaac asked, looking at Liv. I tightly held her hand as she stood up.

"My friend, and co-star." I answered before anyone could have a chance to respond. I could feel Liv's shock to my answer. I promise I will explain everything to her.

N/A
Oop-