Chapter 29

-June 2019-

Josh's POV:

It's 2 in the morning, and I heard my phone ringing. First of all, who the heck calls me at 2 AM? I could barely see my phone. Liv wanted to FaceTime me.

"Livvy, what are you doing up? We need to be on set in 4 hours." I groaned in my pillow.

"I'm not sleepy. What's the point of sleeping anymore." She answered.

"What? No, don't even say that." I answered, immediately getting up from my bed. Things with Liv have been complicated, it's been 2 months since Ethan and her broke up, she's still trying to get over him, she barely eats, she doesn't sleep anymore, I haven't seen her smile in so long, she doesn't joke around with me anymore, she's a totally different person. But I'm fighting to change that. I'm trying to make the Olivia we all knew come back. At least she's not as insecure about herself as she was before. 

"Say what?" She asked me. I stared blankly at her. I don't want her to fall into this world where nothing is important and there's no point in doing anything. Depression. My older sister went through that, and it wasn't pretty at all. She almost ends her life at one point. I can't see someone I care for go through that pain again.

"Josh, say what?" She asked again.

"What?" I asked, pretending I didn't have any idea of why she was asking that.

"You zoned out for a second." She responded, wrapping her arms around her knees.

"Oh... probably just the WiFi." I answered, putting a shirt on, and a hoodie on top of that. "Do you want to do something? I can go pick you up." I suggested.

"I don't really care." She looked away.

"I'll take that as a yes." I smiled softly, getting in my car.

"How are you in your car already? You were barely awake 2 minutes ago." She acknowledged.

"I don't know, I guess I work fast." I shrugged. After 5 minutes I was at her house. "Okay, I'm here." I smiled at her through the phone. I was getting ready to have to go in her house and pull her out of her room because she 'didn't care', but she actually moved.

"Okay, let me put my shoes on." She said, getting up from her bed. I noticed she was in my hoodie.  "Okay, I'm ready." She added, leaving her room. I cut the call when we got in my car, it was making a funny echo.

"Hi." I smiled.

"Hi." She answered, yawning.

"And you said you weren't sleepy." I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up." She said. 

"So! Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's 2:13 AM and you have this much energy? Exhibit B of why you're actually 5 year old." She noted.

"What's exhibit A?" I laughed.

"Your Scooby-Doo socks." She pointed out. 

"Wow, okay." I laughed, but she didn't laugh. "Laugh." I nudged her, but she turned her head to the window. "Do you want a hug?" I asked, but she shook her head. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, she shook her head again. "Do you want to go back to your room? Do you want to eat something? Do you want to watch a movie? Do you want me to shut up? Do you want to stay here? Does something hurt? Do you want to go somewhere?" I asked, but whatever I said, she shook her head.  

We went to a 7-Eleven and bought some chips, then I drove us to a lake. It was quiet and peaceful. I offered her some chips, but she denied them. We stayed there, looking out to the lake.