Chapter 17

-February 2019-

Josh's POV:

"Livvy? Can I show you my birthday present? We have to go on car there." I said.

"Is it long? I told Ethan I was going to spend the rest of the day with him, before we go to the roller rank." She asked.

"No, it's a few minutes away from here." I answered.

"Okay, then let's go, Joshy." She said, with a smile. We talked about instruments while I drove. Even if we're ever only friends, she's nice company.

"Come on, we're here." I smiled, opening the door for her.

"Were are we?" She said, realizing we were in a bunch of trees.

"This is what I like to call 'The Butterfly woods'" I grinned, knowing she had a special place for butterflies and the woods.

"Josh, this is like.... the only thing I ever wanted for my birthday." She smiled, looking around.

 "I know." I smirked. Oops, I couldn't hold my tongue in. Great job, Bassett.

"What? How did you know?" She said turning her gaze to me.

"Haha, so umm... funny story... I may or may not have accidentally dropped your journal while the cast and I were trying to fill your trailer with balloons, and it fell on a page where you wrote your thoughts, then I saw that you wanted to go to this field from your home town, but we can't so I brought you here. Also because you wrote butterflies bring back good memories." I said, hesitated. 

"YOU READ MY JOURNAL!?" She asked, in shock.

"I didn't mean to... I didn't even see it was like, private until I closed it." I lied.

"I've never shown anyone my journal." She said shyly.

"Liv you have a lot of talent." I added, which made her look up at me. What? Why is she's staring at me like that? Did I say something wrong?

"YOU READ THE SONGS I WROTE WHEN I WAS LIKE 14?" She yelled, she wasn't mad... but she was shocked.

"I- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to." I apologized. She gave me a death stare, it was a playful one.... but she was a little bit serious.

"You're going to regret the day you were born, Joshua." She slightly laughed, putting her hair on a ponytail.

"Liv... we can think this through," I laughed nervously. I know she can't really hurt me, but it was fun to play along. "VIOLENCE ISN'T ALWAYS THE OPTION!"  I said, running away from her. 

"BUT IT IS THIS TIME!" She laughed, running after me. I was dodging a bunch of trees to get her confused, until I realized, I lost the path. I don't know where I am. I'm trying to stay calm, looking around, I couldn't hear anyone. Then the idea hit me. I should climb a tree. So I did. I could see everything. I saw where my car was, and I saw Liv looking around, I couldn't tell if she was lost too, or if she was trying to look for me.

"Josh?" I heard her ask, quietly. I decided to give her a little scare, she's the one that started it. I waited until she was behind the tree I'd climbed on and I slowly crept down. Jumping behind her, while simultaneously yelling "BOO!"

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!" She screamed in a high pitch voice, making my ears hurt for a second. I really scared her. She turned around terrified.

"Oh, it's on." She said as she started chasing me. 

"Oh, shoot. Bye!" I said, running away again. Somehow she her tiny legs gained speed and she caught up to me. "Liv...we can solve this another way!" I said trying to get away from her. "Liv! Didn't you listen to what I heard... you don't have to kill me today!" I said, still running. "I HAVE OATMEAL COOKIES!" I remembered, suddenly she stopped.