Chapter 20

-March 2019-
-A week after the last chapter-

Josh's POV:

"What's wrong with me?" Liv asked. We were watching a movie in my dressing room. I'm just helping her forget the pain Ethan caused her.

"Your hair is tangled." I shrugged, trying to brush it with my fingers. I know she didn't mean what she said like that.

"No, like... What did I do to make Ethan leave?" She asked me. "Am I not enough?"

"Olivia, you are good enough, but you just don't know it." I told her. "Liv, it may feel like your insecurities run your life, but you are so much more than that. You are a smiling face that adds to the world. Even though it may seem like you are everything you worry about, you are not. You are who you are, not what others label you to be. You are more than an actress or a singer. You are a person with feelings and you are who you are meant to be and nobody else can change that. You have people that care for you, one of them being me! Whoever thinks you're not good enough is an idiot." I finished, she had tears in her eyes. Unexpectedly, she came up to me and hugged me. 

"I wrote something for you." I kissed her cheek, pulling away. Kissing her cheek is something I started doing like a week ago, I don't know why, but we're 'cool' with it.

"You did?" She asked with a smile. "Can I hear it?" 

"Duh!" I mimicked her, as I sat down on the keyboard. "Here it is: 

You're lovely
If you could see what we see
You'd know you're like a movie
The ones that make-believe

'Cause you're lovely
I know you don't believe me
Just hear the words I'm singing
In this song I wrote for you

You're lovely
If you could see what we see
You'd know you're like a movie
The ones that make-believe

'Cause you're lovely
And I know you don't believe me
Just hear the words I'm singing
In this song I wrote for you." 

"I love it." She smiled. I walked over to her, sitting on the couch. 

"You're lovely Livvy." I said hugging her. "Don't let anyone convince you of the opposite."

2 weeks later.

Olivia's POV:

It's been three weeks since Ethan left, and I'm doing pretty good. Josh has been there by my side, cheering me up when I'm down, taking my mind off my problems. I've been better than I thought I would've, thanks to Josh.

"You want anything else on the pizza?" Josh asked.

"No." I said, copying the lyrics we came up with on a paper. It was 11 PM. Every time we start singing together we lose track of time. So I'm staying at his apartment for the night because we're running out of time to write the song.

"It's coming in 15 minutes." He told me, before he sat on the couch with me. "Let's go over what we've written." He said, holding the paper with the lyrics

"I fell in love with the only girl
Who knows what I'm about
" He started, playing the guitar.

"I fell in love with a boy
And I can't tell if I fell out
After all said and done
I can't just pretend I'm movin' on
" I sang.

"When you look me in the eyes
My heart's no longer broken
For a moment
Just for a moment
When we're singing side by side
There's so much left unspoken
For a moment
Just for a moment.
" We sang together. The harmony was perfect.

"Way, way back then
Always dreamed it's you and me until the end.
"

"Now, we can't play pretend
And I'm scared to talk to my best friend.
"