Chapter 45

-July 2019-
-Few hours after last chapter-

Olivia's POV:

It was getting late, so Josh is giving me a ride to my house.

"So, Claire and you are like sisters now?" He asked me, resting our interlocked hands on my thigh. 

"Yep." I answered, looking out the window to the beautiful dark sky.

"Okay, but that doesn't give you the right to yell at me like my sister." He frowned childishly.

"Yes it does. Claire said it does." I laughed.

"But I'm your boyfriend." He pointed out.

"I know that." I laughed.

"That's not fair." He pouted.

"Is it fair if I give you a kiss?" I offered.

"Always." His face formed into a smiled. I kissed his cheek, knowing he was going to complain.

"That wasn't!-" He started.

"Okay! Just wait until we hit a red light!" I laughed. "You're so annoying sometimes." I playfully rolled my eyes.

"You owe me two because you called me annoying." He frowned. We drove for about an hour, but we never hit a red light. Hahahahaha.

"Thanks, Joshy. Bye!" I rushed out.

"Hold up." He held my wrist, pulling me back down. "I waited 40 minutes for my kiss!" He whined.

"I was just playing with you." I laughed. I was about to kiss him when Madison called me.

"Wow! The universe can be so mean sometimes!" He exclaimed. He got out of the car and opened the door for me. "I'm at least going to walk you out." He grinned. We walked together hand-in-hand to the front door. "Did you have fun today?"

"A lot." I smiled. "Your family is the best." I smiled before I leaned in to kiss him. Just then we heard the door unlock, making us pull away. I felt him squeeze my hand, and couldn't help but laugh.

"Hey Liv, you're home!" My dad greeted me. "Hey, Joshua." My dad smiled at him.

"Hi, Mr. Rodrigo." Josh saluted him.

"Do you want to come in?" He offered.

"Oh, no. Thank you, but I'm tired from driving. I want to home and get some rest." He declined respectfully.

"That's alright." My dad nodded. "You can come by anytime."

"Thank you." Josh smiled, feeling my dad's approval of us, though I didn't tell him Josh and I are dating. "I'll see you tomorrow, Livvy." He hugged me. "You don't know how much you own me." He whispered into the hug, making me giggle. "Bye, Mr. Rodrigo."

"See you next time, Joshua." My dad responded. I waved at Josh and walked in my house.

"So, you and Josh? You didn't tell me you guys were dating." My dad chuckled.

"I'm guessing mom told you." I predicted.

"He looks like a gentleman." My dad commented.

"He is." I agreed with a smile. It was nice that my dad didn't flip out and yell about it like he did when I started dating Ethan. I guess my parents are starting to understand I'm growing up. We sat down at the living room and he made me tell him everything -EVERY THING- about the past 6 months. It took me a while, but when I finished we were both too tired to talk about anything else, so we called it a night. 

"Hey Liv." Madi smiled through the FaceTime. "I thought you were sleeping already."

"No. I wasn't. I was getting ready to."  I answered, brushing my teeth.

"So, how did it go with..." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Good." I smiled.

"Girl, you're so into him. I can see it in the way you literally daydream every time he's mentioned on something." He laughed.

"I don't daydream." I denied, blushing.

"For him you do." She laughed. "Just make sure you don't fall too hard. If he breaks your heart your going to be crushed, and well... I would kill him, but you'd be so hurt."

"Yeah." I took in her advice. We talked for a while after but I couldn't seem to focus. What if she is right and our relationship doesn't last? I know she was just warning me, but that thought struck me for some reason and it doesn't seem to leave my head. What if we're just playing pretend?...No, the feelings are real. But, what if we don't work out because we're so young?...He did say love is a loss or a lesson when it comes to young people. But we could be different. What if he hurts my feelings?... He couldn't do that. He's too sweet. What if we have to go our separate ways because of our careers?.... We could still be together. Why am I doubting on us? He hasn't done anything that proves he's not the greatest guy in the world.

Me being me, I knew I couldn't go to sleep without getting my feelings off my chest first, so I sat on the piano and recalled everything that happened today. The lyrics came to me swiftly.

"Your hand on my leg under the oil painted sky

Wind blowin' through our hair on the 405
And traffic's at a standstill, it's LA, what'd you expect?
We're listenin' to Zeppelin, you're kissin' my neck
You cradle me in your arms in the dark in the back
We're lookin' at the stars, the moon's lit Cheshire cat
And your parents can probably see you from the window
They'll say, "They're just kids," oh, what the hell do they know?

Scared, I love you so much I'm scared
'Cause they say young love's a loss or it's a lesson
Here, I always wanna be here
My heart is tellin' me we're gonna be the exception"

Right when I finished singing the song, I felt my phone ring.

Joshy

Josh:

good night :)
i love you💗

You:

i luv u too💕
good night

Josh:

I thought you weren't awake anymore
it is kinda late

You:

i was writing a song
i wouldn't have slept without writing it

Josh:

you're always writing something

You:

Josh, we're gonna be the exception, right?

Josh:

what are you talking about?

You:

us
we're the exception

Josh:

...

You:

good night

i'm really tired i'll talk to you tomorrow 
i love you

Josh's POV:

What does she mean with 'the exception, though? Whatever it might be I'm going with it.

Livvy:

You:

okay, bye
i love you more