Chapter 71

-January 2020-
-A few days after last chapter-

Josh's POV:

My life was totally pointless. I was on my couch, staring at the ceiling. I have no reason to get up from here, but then my stomach grumbled. Ugh, I was hungry, and I didn't want to cook.

Matt called me. I didn't feel like picking up, but I did. "Yo!" He smiled.

"What's up?" I droned.

He read my emotions and hid his smile. "How are you holding up?" He frowned.

"I don't want to talk about it." I turned the topic down.

"But you should!" He exclaimed. I gave him a long stare. "Go outside, open a window, get fresh air, just get up before I go to yours and slap you out of that couch." He demanded.

"You would do that?" I slightly laughed at the thought.

"Don't play with me, Bassett." He warned.

"Alright." I chuckled quietly. "I'll put my feet on the floor."

"Cool, now go to a diner or something. Waste your money, drink some water, just please go outside for at least an hour." He begged. I took his advice and walked around some street. I got lost and ended up at the Cafe I saw Alyssa a couple of days ago.

"Josh!" I heard someone say a few feet away from me. I lifted my head and saw the same brunette with highlights who tried to kiss me.

"Hey." I forced a smile. Unfortunately, she saw right through it.

"What's wrong?" She bit her lower lip, trying to read my face.

"It's- uh, it's a really long story." I cleared my throat, looking away from her.

"Well, we've got the time." She shrugged. "Do you want to..." She pointed to the Cafe. I thought about it. I could say no, and probably make her upset, or I could say yes and make everything between us as awkward as it can get. They're both very bad options, but I'll go with...

"Yeah." I agreed, opening the door to the Cafe. Uh, never mind. Can I change my mind? "So..." I began as we sat down at a table. I avoided her gaze.

"So..." She imitated me.

"So," I repeated.

"So, so." She nodded her head.

"So, so, so." I added, which made her chuckle a little bit.

"So, so, so, so." She smiled. "This is the weirdest conversation I've ever had with you, or just anyone in general." She pointed out. That made me laugh a little bit.

Olivia's POV:

"I understand that you're sad, but you can't lock yourself up in this room forever!" Larry exclaimed.

"Weird. That's what I'm doing right now." I shrugged, trying to stop the tears that were daring to fall.

"Livvy-lu, don't cry anymore." He walked to my bed and hugged me. "I know both of you are hurting really bad, but he really didn't mean to hurt you like this. You guys are so in love with each other it makes me want to throw up. I promise you, this isn't the end."

"What if it is?" I asked, pulling away. All my thoughts were haunting me.

"Liv, I know it won't be the end." He softly smiled. How is everyone so confident he wasn't just playing with my feelings? It's easy to say we love each other, but what if he really didn't mean it? 6 months of our relationship just thrown away?