Chapter 70

-January 2020-
-A few days after last chapter-

Josh's POV:

"Hold up, are you stupid?" Matt asked me. We were all in my trailer.

"Yes." I sniffled, covering my face with my hands.

"Maybe we shouldn't call him stupid, at least not now." Julia suggested. Liv didn't have many scenes this week. She asked Tim if her scenes could be rearranged to the end of the week so she didn't have to see me. Did that hurt? Yes. It stung my heart really hard.

"Why in the world would you hang out with your ex without thinking about 'Livia first?" Sofia tried to keep it calm.

"I didn't think about Liv because I didn't mean for anything like that to happen. I was being nice to a childhood friend-"

"Who was also your girlfriend once." Frankie pointed out.

"I know." I mumbled.

"And that's the problem! She was more than a friend-" He sat up.

"It was the past." I chimed in.

"But it happened." He jumped.

"YES! I KNOW THAT! I CAN'T CHANGE THE PAST!" I yelled, making everyone sit quietly and still. I closed my eyes to keep more tears from falling down. "I'm sorry." I muttered.

"No, it's fine, dude." Larry patted my back. "We get it."

"I don't want to lose Liv." I wept.

"You won't, she just- needs time-" Dara answered.

"For what? What does she need to think over so much?" I asked the girls.

"Honestly... If you're worth it or not." Sofia sighed. I turned to her, shocked. I looked at Dara and Julia, they agreed with her.

"Well, why is she doubting me? Does a kiss mean too much for her?" I asked them.

"That's not the only reason she's doubting you." Julia showed me her phone. I saw some photos with Alyssa and me. "Wait... Frankie showed me that picture." I turned to the picture where I was holding Alyssa's waist.

"Frankie took them." Larry explained.

"You what?!" My voice cracked. "Frankie what were you thinking?! We look like a freaking couple here!" I shouted. Liv was crying because of those pictures. Alyssa almost kissing me just made it worse.

"I- I don't know. I was walking and- I thought I saw you so I took some pictures and zoomed in- to see if it was actually you. I didn't mean for them to be leaked around the cast. I'm sorry." He apologized. I was speechless. I knew I was extremely close to losing Olivia, and I had no idea what to do about it.

A week later:

Olivia's POV:

I have nothing. My mind is completely blank. I woke up today tired of all those nights I've stayed up crying, replaying the moment Josh told me he'd kissed Alyssa. I don't know if he's really over her or not.

I couldn't keep quiet anymore. I needed to tell someone, so I called Madi. "Liv!" Madi smiled through the camera.

"Madi." I whined.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" She asked me.

"No. Josh and I... I'm not sure what. but we either broke up or took a break." I wiped the drops of tears that fell from my eyes.

"You and Josh- broke up?" She repeated, stunned.

"I don't know. I haven't talked to him since last week." I answered. She made me explain everything to her. In the end, I was sobbing my eyes out. "I miss him, Madi. I miss him a lot." I cried. Then, the picture of Josh holding Alyssa's hand came to me, making my sadness turn into anger. "But he had to be so stupid and-" I uttered.

"Liv, do you trust him?" Madi asked me. I thought about it for a moment.

"Yes." I sighed, wiping my tears away. Josh would always be here to wipe my tears away. Today was different. "And I wish I didn't." I mumbled.

"And you miss him?" She wrote something down in her notebook. She was basically my therapist.

"More than I can explain." I wrapped my arms around my knees.

"And I noticed you're literally wearing his clothes." She pointed out. I looked down at me. I didn't even pay attention to that. "Maybe you should forgive him?" She suggested. "Did you even hear his side of the story?" She asked me. I shook my head. "Liv, are you dumb?"

"Why?" I asked.

"You can't just jump into the conclusion he wanted to run back to his ex." She rolled her eyes.

"What if he did? She's attractive, and she looks put together. What if he really did want to?" I asked her.

"Key words, 'what if'. You have no idea what his reasons are!" She noted.

"Well, what if he doesn't have any reasons?" I asked her.

"There you go again with your 'what if'!" She sighed. I groaned in frustration. "Okay, so. Here is what we're going to do." She looked at me through the camera. "You're going to call him, let him explain himself, then think about what to do. You can't just blindly decide what you thought he was doing."

"Call him? No. I can't do that. Not yet." I shook my head.

"Liv, you're overreacting." She droned.

"He cheated on me!" I claimed.

"That's your assumption! He let you know he was there to explain anything. Just think about that for a moment. Out of all the guys in the world... or, just the ones you know... Do you think any of them would tell you they almost kissed another girl, while they were dating you?" She questioned me. "He's different that the others, Liv. He's honest with you. I'm sure he knew the consequences of telling you, but he knew you had to know the truth." She put some well-needed common sense in my brain. "At least let him explain his side before you choose something." She begged.

After rethinking it, I called Josh. He immediately picked up. I asked him to explain what'd had happened. He told me everything.

Josh's POV:

So, that just happened, and it was exhausting. I explained everything, and before I knew it, the call was over; I was done talking with her. She sounded dry and unhappy, totally not like the smiley and happy Olivia I know. I had to write it down. The lyrics were exploding in my head.

It's been a week since we said our goodbyes

But I can't forget what was

So excuse the mess I made when you were mine

I'm still learning how to love

I know you're nervous

But I won't let you fall

We weren't perfect

But you were worth it all

If it were my call, I'd do it all again

I'd do it all again

I know you're nervous

But I won't let you fall

And we weren't perfect

But you were worth it

I know you're nervous

But I won't let you fall

We weren't perfect

But you were worth it all

If it were my call, I'd do it all again

I'd do it all again

I'd do it all again

I can't let Liv down. We can't end here.