Chapter 73

-February 2020-
-Right after last chapter-

Olivia's POV:

That was an epic fail.

While I was talking to him, and when we were walking to the lunch room, something didn't feel right, and it didn't go unnoticed. It wasn't us being us. It was Joshua and Olivia, two boring people who just met and without any knowledge of each other whatsoever, then started dating.

I rushed to my dressing room and grabbed my guitar. I let a few tears roll down my face. I thought they would all gone by now.

I let my mind flow and I smoothly came up with lyrics of the song.

"I know I'm a stop on the way to your soulmate
I'll fill you up, but only while you wait
You're everything to me, I see my future in your eyes
But I know when you're kissing me that you're just killing time

That's okay, I know my place
I know I'm a stop on the way
To your soulmate
Ah, ah, ooh, ooh." I ended. It represented what I felt so well. I just didn't feel like we belong anymore.

"Is that really what you think?" Someone asked. Please don't be...

Josh.

Damn it, I left the door open. "Uh-" My mouth was wide open, but nothing came out. He walked closer, putting my guitar to the side. He placed me on my feet and glanced at me straight in the eyes.

"Olivia, you listen, and you listen good." He pulled me closer to him, tugging my chin. "I don't want anyone else but you. I don't want Alyssa, I don't want some other person. I want you. And yes, I made a mistake. I'm a human and I'm not perfect, but I won't let this get in the way of us. I'm not 'waiting', and watching you 'fill me up'. If only I'm waiting for the second you turn 18 and I can tell the whole world you are mine." He was serious. Like... really wholehearted. He cupped my face and kept going. "I love you, and that won't ever change. I love the way you get jealous, I love the way you try to change my mind about the dumbest debates while I'm driving, I love the way your eyes get puffy when you wake up, I love the way you gasp after you say a bad word because you think it's illegal or something, I love how stubborn we both are, I love-"

"Those are all my flaws." I mumbled. Everything inside of me stopped. It was only me, him, and our heavy breaths.

"No, they're not flaws! They're part of you, and part of me! And I love each and every one of them!" He complimented me. "They make you the way you are. The Olivia I fell in love with." He put our foreheads together. He has to be Josh and everything he says I just fall in love with... "I know we still have a long way to go, but I'm willing to do this with you. I'm sorry." He confessed, with tears threatening to fall. That reminded me all of our memories, why I loved him, how annoyingly competitive he is, the way he acts like a 5 year old, everything! I was about to reject all of that? He's my best friend! He understands me more than anyone! He knows me more than anyone! What the heck was wrong with me?

I took my time to examine him. His eyes were dry, probably from crying so much, and his face was pale. How did I never realize how hurt he was? "Baby, I'm sorry too." I wrapped my arms around him; I felt a river of tears come out of my eyes; I hurt the person I care for the most. What was I thinking?

He pulled me closer to him and sighed. It was a peaceful and calming sigh. "I missed you." He divulged. I could simultaneously hear the relief and pain in his voice. That was the moment I knew it was back to how it used to be. I closed my eyes and savored the moment. "I missed your hair, which smells like coconut, I missed your arms around me, I missed your beautiful voice, I missed you small hands in mine. I missed you." He described. "I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to cause you so much pain." He lamented, pulling us closer if that was even possible.