2nd year - Chapter 12

A couple days after the pixie incident in lockharts classroom, wood has scheduled a quidditch practice to make sure they were up to date for the next match.

While Harry was talking to Wood you lingered back and talked to the twins,
"Why wasn't Quidditch something we played while camping?" Davina asked them,
"I dont know-" George says
"To busy enjoying muggle things" and fred finished like they usually do.

It was weird that they didn't play it because they sometimes sat around having nothing to do and it should have been obvious but apparently not.

Waking out into the grass they all seen the slytherin team approaching in a huddle similar to theirs.

"Where you think you're going, Flint?" Wood asks annoyed  "Quidditch practice." The slytherin captain Marcus flint answered, it was obvious but still.

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today." Wood said keeping his cool

"Easy, Wood. I've got a note." The other captain passed him said not and Wood read the it aloud
"I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker." He finished and looked like he was getting annoyed and so was Davina
"You've got a new Seeker. Who?"

The other team stepped aside and revealed
"Malfoy?" Harry said in disbelief
"You have got to be kidding me?" Davina scoffed and rolled her eyes, earning glares from the other team.

"That's right. And that's not all that's new this year." She noticed the new sleek brooms, the upgrade from Davina's and Harry's, this wasn't right. He only got on the team because his father bribed them.

"Those are Nimbus 2001 s. How did you get those?" ron asked clearly shocked and in awe after he and Hermione came over.

"A gift from Draco's father." flint said, he was clearly trying to keep the peace but Malfoy had other ideas.

"You see, Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best."Draco said trying to get a reaction and boy was he getting one.

Well here we go, Davina passed her broom to Angelina and got ready but Hermione spoke up before she could say or do anything.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent."

"Yes Hermione, this is why we are best friends" Davina said while clapping, so proud of her.

Draco looked back at Davina and sneered before returning his attention to Hermione
"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood."

"Oh no you did not, what the hell is wrong with you. Your a stuck up prat, just leave her alone, don't ever use that word ever again or I will beat your ass AGAIN" it was already said Davina couldn't take it back and she didn't even regret it.

Everyone turned round to look at her and question by what she meant again
"Oh didnt he tell you, Christmas break last year on the platform, I punch him and he fell to the floor crying like a little baby" she laughed as she recalled the memory, good times.

He clearly wasn't happy as he stormed up to her and got in her face
"You bitch" he said like it would hurt her feelings

Before you could do anything ron spoke up, people always getting in the way of Davina's fun,
"You'll pay for that one, Malfoy. Eat slugs!" Clearly he forgot about his broken wand because it repelled him backwards onto the grass and done nothing to Malfoy.

As the slytherin's were laughing  the others ran up to make sure he was okay.

"You okay, Ron?" Hermione asked kneeling down next to him as well as Harry.
"Say something." She says

"Em I dont think he can, he looks like he's going to be sic-" before Davina could get the last bit out a slug had fallen out of Ron's mouth and onto the ground

As everyone was groaning at how disgusting it was, Colin creevey snapped a picture of what happened and then asked 
"Wow! Can you turn him around, Harry?" Not the time man, read the room.

"No, Colin, get out of the way." Harry said as him and Hermione picked him up
"Let's take him to Hagrid's. He'll know what to do." Then they left.

Davina seen Malfoy laughing with his new teammates and walked over to him
"What is your problem?" She asked getting really annoyed

"Whats it to you" he said

"Those are my best friends and your being a dick for nothing, they didn't do anything to you apart from reject you" she said as she recalled her first day here.

He didn't even say anything he just turned and walked away with he rest of the team. She was about to go after him but a hand on her arm stopped hee.

"Leave it Davina, can't have you kicked off the team before we even get a chance to play them" Wood said letting go of her arm.

She just nodded, Davina informed them she was going to see if ron was okay and then left to go to Hagrid's.

Walking up to the door she could hear ron still puking up the slugs and grimaced at the thought.

She knocked on the door and waited, Hermione had opened it and Davina seen that her eyes were red and glassy, knowing she was upset she stepped in and gave her a hug hoping the small gesture would make her feel a little better.

It seemed that when Davina went in they were in the middle of talking about what happened
"And it's codswallop to boot. Dirty blood. Why, there isn't a wizard alive today that's not half-blood or less. More to the point, they've yet to think of a spell that our Hermione can't do." Hagrid was explaining as Ron was still throwing up.

"Exactly" Davina added in.

"Don't you think on it, Hermione. Don't you think on it for one minute" Hagrid was really good at cheering people up and his hugs are always the best.

Davina, Hermione and Bekki and Ron were sitting in the great hall while Harry was at his detention whit lockhart. Ron had his detention with filch later.

Dinner didn't have long left but Davina had already finished when she heard something, like a whisper.
"Did you guys hear that?" She asked the 3 who were still eating.
"Hear what?" Bekki asks looking at the girl confused

She heard it again but it was more clear this time
'Come, come. Come to me'
Davina didn't say anything to the others, she just got up and left to follow the voice.

'Blood. I smell blood." She walked around corners and down corridors following the voice as it got louder

"Let me rip you. Let me kill you. Kill!
Kill!
Kill!"

Turning a last corner she bumped into someone,
"Oh so- Harry. Did you hear that?" She asked him
"Yeah, did you?" She nodded as the others caught up with them.

"Did you hear it?" He asks them not giving them a chance to catch up

"Hear what?" Ron asks looking around the corridors

"That voice."

"Voice?" Hermione asks
"What voice?" Bekki chimes in

"I heard it first in Lockhart's office. And then again just-" he was cut off by something

"It's time."  There it was again

"I heard it in the great hall then followed it here" Davina says so Harry doesn't sound so crazy

"It's moving." Harry says, listening to try and hear something else

"I think it's going to kill." Davina says as you hear the last word.

"Kill?" Ron asks having to run after Davina and Harry as they both try to follow in the direction of the voice.