3rd year - Chapter 26

⚠️⚠️⚠️

Dads P.O.V

I arrived at Hogwarts about an hour ago with Mitchel. I was interrupted in an important meeting and was told that there had been an incident at Hogwarts and my daughter was in the hospital wing and that I should get there immediately.

I just thought she had hurt herself during Quidditch practice as she usually does but when I got there and was told what happened I never could have imagined she would do this.

I knew that she was hurting we all did, but we thought she was getting better.

I was still getting owls from her every week like she promised and my boys promised they would look after her. I even had all her friends update me if something happened just so I could keep updated with my baby.

When me and Mitchel had arrived by flew powder in Dumbledore’s office he immediately had us follow him to the hospital wing, through the hustle and bustle of the students walking to classes.

When we arrived at the doors there were many people waiting outside.

Her brothers, Bekki, the Weasley children, the 2 kid’s form the leaky cauldron Harry and Hermione and a few other faces I didn’t know.

They all looked scared and upset most of them had red eyes and never looked up from the floor apart from when we arrived but soon their eyes went straight back down to the mud covered floor once they seen who it was.

Alec and Connor looked up and they were both crying, I’ve not seen them cry in a long time so I immediately knew it was bad.

“What happened? Is she okay?” I asked them but they couldn’t look at me much longer, dropping their gaze they let more tears fall, that’s when mines started to brim my eyes causing an all too familiar stinging sensation.

Through the past couple years it seems that all we had been doing was worrying and crying and comforting each other and I just wish everything could go back to simpler ways. I wouldn’t let them see me cry  though, I needed to be strong for my children I’m all they have left and now I don’t even know what has happened to my baby.

I was pacing for about 5 minutes tears still threatening to fall over the edge of my eyes when the hospital door opened an out walked Madame Pomfrey.

I never thought I’d see her again not since the incident involving Arthur and a few of our younger friends including Remus but here we are. I just wish it was under better circumstances.
“Only family can come in” she tells us.
She looks beaten and dishevelled. Of all the trips I’ve taken to the hospital wing over my many years here, I’ve never seen her like this and it just makes my stomach twist and turn more.

I went to walk in with her brothers but I notice all her friends looking heartbroken. Her brothers were already in and heading over when I stopped and turned to Bekki,
“Bekki, do you want to come in?” I had to ask her, she is basically Davina’s sister I can’t not let her come in.
She’s my second daughter and I can’t just let her sit there worrying while we sit by her bed. She just nods and walks beside me, I wrap an arm around her shoulder and feel that she is shaking and squeeze and hold her closer in case she falls.

We were sitting there for a while in silence after we found out what happened, Bekki had told us some of it but her poor voice kept breaking so we never pushed any further, that’s when the headmaster came in and told us what happened.

They say she was in DADA learning about bogarts when that man appeared as hers, she froze and ended up running to her dorm to get away from everyone, no one knows exsctly what happened in her dorm but once she ran out, Ron had went and got the twins while everyone was looking for her. They both ran up to her dorm to find her door unlocked and that’s when they went in, she wasn’t in the dorm so they went to the bathroom and there she was sitting on the floor covered in her own blood.